Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, did anyone see the gtv cup up on ebay last night to be broken, I sent the guys a ebay message and he replied that it was being broken as a guys coming to take off cup kit and wheels on Sunday, the whole car could be bought before Sunday, didn't say price but all his other cars are cheap.

I think it was cup 59 with 55k miles but front bumper damaged.

I know it's not much of a lead but it seems such a shame to break a cup especially with the low miles.

It's not much of a lead but hopefully someone can buy the whole car and rescue it as such a crime to break.

This was the seller, his number is in the advert of the car
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/222172705736?_mwBanner=1

Someone please save it

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah he removed it cos whoever ment to be buying the cup kit apparently want first dabs on other bits, that was this morning when I messaged the seller.

The add was put up last night about nine and removed at eleven

·
Registered
115 Posts
Did the advert say what was so wrong with it that it was for breaking? At 55k miles even with lots of repairs I would have thought it had some value and could be bought to restore. A damaged front bumper on its own doesn't really warrant breaking. You're right - it is a shame.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I called him this morning. Loads of people (probably us) had already called. He said someone has 'first dibs' on Sunday but then asked if I could get down before then? I could and I can, but I am not getting involved in this. It's a bloody shame that this will be broken, especially with that no. of miles on the VIN.

I have spent the best part of three years restoring a V6 but anyone with any common sense should see the longer term gain of keeping a Cup on the road rather than flogging on some teledials and side skirts for the short term cash.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Can someone please find out the Cup number?

Edit, sorry was it 59?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
Only just seen this. That is awful. I agree with those above, even if he Ebayed it as it was I suspect he would have got more than he will in the short term for the few special parts. It's not like the body kit parts aren't available elsewhere.
Have to be suspicious now if plaque 59 turns up again in case its been added to a non-Cup cup-a-like!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
There's nothing to stop any of you buying it to restore. The Cup bodykit isn't too difficult to obtain, even if some are copies.....I wonder how many original Cups have copy fr splitters fitted? The wheels are std Teles in a different shade of silver. It's the interior that's difficult to replicate, so if the interior's still intact then quite a cheap easy project for someone.

Subject to the car's history & price, I could even be interested if anyone's got the seller's phone number?

Clive

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Someone get Clive the number!!!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like Clive says it can still be saved at the right price, apparently the engine is good so if it's cheap enough it would be worth it,

Come on guys some save it :)

Clive the sellers number is 07403430474

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Apparently it can't go back on the road, something to do with the Police!?

Roof & rear window damaged, centre dash with Cup Ltd plaque already gone. He said it was no' 15 not 59?

I might buy the interior but it's not in that great condition, still maybe worth restoring for one at a later stage.

Clive

·
Registered
114 Posts
I saw the ad and told him he'd be mental to break it. That was about 10:30pm last night.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts