Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The future of the Belgian GP at Spa-Francorchamps is being threatened by Bernie Ecclestone. Please sign the petition and help keep F1 at Spa!

Are you proactive and sensitive of the consequences of the Grand Prix of Belgium F1 ?

You too, join the projects of "Defend Francorchamps"

Your signature IS A BIG SUPPORT!

Spa Grand Prix F1 pétition

The inhabitants of Francorchamps and all of their friends defend the economy of the COUNTRY and introduce you to the petition of good sense; Against the alternation of the Grand Prix F1 of Belgium.
We are not against the Grand Prix of France, with its FIA president, 3 pilots, a manufacturer and an oil company at the top, the return to France is only a beginning!

However eventually, it is unacceptable that Belgium leaves the table!
Don't wait any longer, the decisions have already been made, but we fight back!

We are for the durability of the Grand Prix and its annual organisation at Francorchamps without any other alternative.

As a reminder, many friends of the north work for the Grand Prix F1 of Belgium as supplier. Some have been working for the organisation since 20 years and have built an international reputation.

Ok, the Walloon Region doesn't have to bear the costs on its own.
THE CONSEQUENCES for the federal taxes are higher than for any other event of the year.

In short, asking France for help by introducing alternation is a BIG MISTAKE.

It is crucial that the politicians understand this!

Without thinking in terms of votes and popular approach, but RETURN ON INVESTMENT.

You too, show your disagreement with the alternation of the Grand Prix F1 by signing our petition.

Your signature will be sent to the authorities of the country.

Let's defend the economical values of the Circuit of Francorchamps together!
Our GRAND PRIX is yours!

You are an associate of a well-thought-out and structured petition.

Your opinion is of great importance.

Spa Grand Prix F1 pétition

With sportive greetings.
The committee of DEFEND FRANCORCHAMPS

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
+1

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Signed.....:thumbs:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Isn't this just standard operating procedure for Bernie? It's usually Silverstone on his hook with threats of losing GP status.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Never! if Ernie Becclestone lets this happen he will be a dead man walking!:tut::mad:

More like a dead Dwarf walking, methinks !!!!!........:rolleyes:

I've just signed up too........:)

9672 signatures at the moment .........and a LOT more to come I would think.........:thumbs:

·
Registered
963 Posts
This is old news - the first I heard of it was after Spa last year.

Little point in a petition though - don't get me wrong - it is one of my favourite tracks and I'm hoping to go this year, but Bernie will pay absolutely zero attention to a petition, even if was tattooed to a horse and left in his bed.

·
Registered
202 Posts
but Bernie will pay absolutely zero attention to a petition, even if was tattooed to a horse and left in his bed.
Lol so true but im still signing ! Up to 14k as of my sign up

·
Registered
349 Posts
It's on my 'must see races before i die'! signed :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
This keeps on coming up every so often and I'm sure the authories in F1 won't rest until it's gone. It is a fabulous spectacular and popular track which doesn't fit with the current trend for dull tracks in countries that couldn't care less. This is a marketing business, not a sport. I was lucky enough to drive around it some years ago, -it gets my vote!

·
Registered
37,988 Posts
Bernie is only interested in money, even if it means that all of the tracks end up looking nice on TV but produce boring racing.

That applies to Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and Valencia mostly.

Still at least Herman Tilke is making loads too designing his soul-less tracks.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I have signed this, but what we really need is an Ecclestone Must Go petition. We actually needed it in 1982, but for 25 years or so the magazines and "fans" were sycophantic about our Bernie, and only recently have they begun to wake up to what was obvious from the outset.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts