Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw this on the AOEM Lounge

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/east-midlands/206375-the-save-donington-park-parade-day.html

AOEM lounge said:
Hello everyone,

So for the March AOEM meet:

Seeing as we've been talking about the state of disrepair at Donington for a while I reckon attending the official fund raising day is a good way to show and give our support to our local world famous racetrack The huge response to what has happened at the track recently means that the Wheatcroft family are in full support of this and along with the Donington staff are gonna do all they can to make this day a success and save the track. There will be a whole load of other car clubs there along with an autojumble, access to the musuem exhibits, a fun fair for the little 'uns and food/ drink

The date is the Sunday 7th of March 2010, no start/ closing time has been made available but it will probably be around 9am to tea time (I will update when it is confirmed). There may be a £5 admission charge but this has not yet been confirmed.

The official website for the save donington campaign is here. You can sign a guest book on the site and also join their facebook group. Have a read to get an idea of what theyre trying to do

Edit: I have now asked for upto 40 spaces for AOers cars in a special 'show' parking area, these will go to the people who RSVP first. Anyone else above the number of spaces we get but still wanting to come will only be able to park with the rest of the visitors unfortunatly.

The address for the event will be:

Donington Park,
Castle Donington,
Derby,
DE74 2RP
If you are interested please put your details in the event RSVP, i will be putting together a route as we get closer to the event.

Hope to see you there :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Will we get lost right near the end ? :lol::lol:

I wasn't born there but have been loads of times, my preferred route would be the Fosse Way, love that route brings back memories of when I was part of a bike racing team, but the most logical is M5/M42.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will we get lost right near the end ? :lol::lol:

I wasn't born there but have been loads of times, my preferred route would be the Fosse Way, love that route brings back memories of when I was part of a bike racing team, but the most logical is M5/M42.
ahhh the Fosse way....happy happy memories of blasting up there on a Sunday morning heading towards a car show......

as for getting lost......who knows what the future holds :D

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
the very idea that you would get lost jay.....the very idea:tut:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
like i dohugz

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
at least i can make it more than 20 yards out of the pub car park :rolf::rolf:
couldnt remember which was left and right:cheese:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
im short sighted:cheese:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
are we meeting at strensham for this....im meeting alfamoment at magor if anyone is coming that way, then we are gonna get up to strensham and have brekky...so we could all meet up there and convoy to donny services and meet up with the rest...what do peeps think???:)

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I'm still undecided whether to go the day before or meet up with you at Strensham Tess. What time are you thinking?

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
well kev is gonna met me at magor about 6 am ish....then we should get to strensham for 6.45/7am ish....then donny services for 8.30ish??....bloody early dammit...:cheese:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i will be travelling up on the morning....hell, i might have an Alfa by then :D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts