Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Thanks for putting up a link, baby:thumbs: The 40 spaces are for show parking, there is other public parking for the event so more can come along if they want (I've said the 40 spaces will go to the first to rsvp):)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I'm in - with Snowy as my navigator! :thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
To anyone attending this event and travelling along the A14......there is an active speed camera at Kettering just after the slip road for the A509 to Wellingborough.....:thumbs:

Not that anyone would be doing more than 70mph at that time on a Sunday morning on a deserted dual carriageway...............:rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,305 Posts
To anyone attending this event and travelling along the A14......there is an active speed camera at Kettering just after the slip road for the A509 to Wellingborough.....:thumbs:

Not that anyone would be doing more than 70mph at that time on a Sunday morning on a deserted dual carriageway...............:rolleyes:
Thanks for the info:thumbs:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Thanks :thumbs: I'll swap my reg plates just in case, I've got some fake P reg plates, I think they end in PMR , they'll do! :) How fast do you have to go to beat a speed camera? 170??

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Thanks :thumbs: I'll swap my reg plates just in case, I've got some fake P reg plates, I think they end in PMR , they'll do! :) How fast do you have to go to beat a speed camera? 170??
You will have to take a chain saw to that boot:tut:

Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident while checking for speeding motorists on the A1 Great North Road. One of the officers used a hand-held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300 mph. Their radar suddenly stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it.

Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet which was engaged in a low-flying exercise over the Border district, approaching from the North Sea.

Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a stiff complaint to the RAF Liaison office.

Back came the reply in true laconic RAF style:

'Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked onto, your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, an air-to-ground missile aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also automatically locked onto your equipment. Fortunately the pilot flying the Tornado recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile systems alert status, and was able to override the automated defence system before the missile was launched and your hostile radar installation was destroyed.

Good Day...'

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oi 'Superstar' are you looking for trouble....cos you've found it if you are :mad: :tut:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Wibs and anyone else want to meet at Copdock bins and convoy up?

My son and I are meeting Wibs at Copdock - we thought about 5.30ish - what do you think? :)

sorry I didn't mention it to you before but I didn't think you'd be coming this way :)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
That sounds fine to me:thumbs:
Us EA lot have to stick together:thumbs:

It means a really early start for you and KT :wow::wow::wow: but will be good to go as an EA group :thumbs:

It's my son's first Alfa meet in his 147 and he's looking forward to driving in convoy! :)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts