Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Following on from the fun of last month's breakfast meet, we wanted to organise another.

This will be on Saturday the 3rd September, and will follow a similar format - 08:30 leave Hedge End (Sainsburys car park, by the petrol station), then head up to Alton to The Departure Lounge Cafe for breakfast at around 10:00. It has a good car park, and a good cooked breakfast.

Then stay and chat and look at each others cars.

The idea is that other areas can organise to meet there- we had attendees from Wiltshire and Surrey last time, so they can arrange their own pre-meets with anyone driving from there.

Hope to see some more of you this time.

Ross

alfaowner.com and its recognised representatives accept no responsibility for the condition of members' cars, the legality of the drivers and the manner in which the vehicles are driven.
Members should keep their vehicles in a road worthy condition. Vehicles should be driven within the limitations of the road conditions and legal speed limit. Any driver who wishes to do otherwise does so at their own risk.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have also posted this event in the Italian Marques board on Pistonheads, and have a few new owners coming from there with other Alfas. It would be nice to get a few Fiats, Lancias, and other Italian makes too, so if you know anyone with an interesting Italian car, invite them along.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello all,

Just a quick 'one week to go' post. Glad to see Sean can make it this time- brakes all sorted I hope.

Posting on Pistonheads too has yielded a few more attendees, including a 145 cloverleaf, a GT, and a Lancia HF.

Look forward to seeing you all and having a good catch up.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Yeah all good now, I have posted it on alfabook south as well. Got to keep the 4-pot N/A direct injection unit with a look in....

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good stuff. It's always nice to see a face-lift 156, I miss mine. Thanks also for posting it on Alfa book. Let's hope the weather plays ball. It looks like dry to start with turning wet later.

Just as well I had the underseal done!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A brief update - James has kindly contacted the owner of The Departure Lounge Cafe, who has agreed to open the gate to his field in front of the cafe, so we can park there in pride of place. This means we won't have to park in the general car park, so it is better for photos and chat around the cars.

Anyone meeting me at Hedge End Sainsburys for the run up to Alton please be there ready to leave at 08:30. The map below shows which bit of the car park to be at;

It looks like it is predicted to stay dry in the morning, so hopefully we will miss the rain.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Don't think I will go to Southampton :) most likely straight to the Cafe from Newbury via Basingstoke

anyone going the same/similar direction?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alan could hook up with you on his way from Swindon. He'll be going to the cafe.
I suggest you PM Solaris998 (Alan) to arrange to meet on the way.

·
Registered
391 Posts
See you at Hedge End

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'm definitely coming but won't be able to do the 0830 at Hedge End, will go straight from Fareham and see you all at 1000.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to everyone that came today- it was great to see you all. 12 cars of varied and interesting types, good chat, and a nice breakfast.

Please post up some pics if you took some!

Keep your eyes out for the 8th October meet.

·
Registered
391 Posts
oh, no photo of my car new badge? :(

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
It was a good meeting, really glad to meet new people and see nice cars :)

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I think I will add one picture (other two are identical to yours, Ross)

Sorry Sean, seems like I didn't manage to have one of the new badge

1 - 17 of 17 Posts