Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New year too everyone!! For all you waiting for the All Italian breakfast meeting to start again at The Departure Lounge Cafe GU34 4BH (just outside Alton) the first one for 2018 will be on Saturday April 7th @1000AM.

The Lat Oct one we had 0ver 100 Italian cars, every marque was represented we even had a de Thomas Pantera). It will be the same format, informal meeting of Italian car enthusiast, park up, chat, admire the cars, and have a good breakfast (best to get in early before the queue really picks up!). We had the a youtube blogger do a video of the last meeting -

As all other meets it's open to any Italian car of any age, and we have had classics through to modern Alfas, Fiat's and Ferraris and everything in between. Attendees have come from across the southern counties, with enthusiasts arranging their own convoys from Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorset, and Surrey or arriving independently.
The cafe is a great venue for a breakfast meet, as it has a large solid field on which the owner lets us park so all the cars are together and out of the main public car park

As before there are few meeting points, for those coming from Southern Hampshire there is a meet at 08:30 in the car park of Sainsbury's at Junction 7 of the M27 (Hedge End), close to the petrol station, and then drive up in convoy.

I usually meet a few people in Newbury (I drive a 916 Red Alfa Romeo Spider so should be easy to spot) at 0900 in the McDonald car park McDonald - Newbury Retail Park, Pinchington Ln, Newbury RG14 7HU, then who ever turns up there we run down to Alton in convoy.

Please spread the word to other Italian marque forums or boards, and get those cars down there!! the breakfast is worth it on its own!!
So will see you there Sat April 7th 2018!!
Alan

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
I should be there.

Trying to convince my friend with a Diablo that it needs to stretch its legs a little

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Ross has discussed with the cafe owner how to cater for the event better. We now have both a normal breakfast service and a faster side for people want a quick coffee and a bacon bap.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
this is brilliant. More often than not it is just coffee. Just too many cars to see, can't afford sitting inside any more :)

However, I will not be able to attend one in April :(

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is there a Wilts convoy on M4 / A303?
Hi Kenich

There is a meet and drive down form Newbury at 0900 in the McDonald car park McDonald - Newbury Retail Park, Pinchington Ln, Newbury RG14 7HU,
others meet at Hedge End on 8:30 in the car park of Sainsbury's at Junction 7 of the M27.

but nothing to stop you meeting up with other who may be coming along the A303 and making another convoy.

I'll be at the Newbury meeting point in my Red Phase 1 spider, more than welcome to join us.

Alan

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Car washed, spilt coffee cleared up (sorry shouldn’t drink n drive!) already for tomorrow.

Hope they’ve laid some carpet down on the grass so we don’t get muddy :vs_smile:

Julian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts