Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following the Great success of our last breakfast meet in June, at which we had over 30 odd cars in attendance, we are organising another meeting on Saturday 5th August following the same format. Its an informal meeting of Italian car enthusiast, we parkup, chat, admire the cars people came down in and have a good breakfast.

The next meet will be held at 10am on Saturday the 5th August 2017, at The Departure Lounge Cafe GU34 4BH, just outside Alton in northern Hampshire.

The cafe is a great venue for a breakfast meet, as it has a large solid field on which the owner lets us park so as to be all together and out of the main public car park.

The meet starts at 10am. It is open to any Italian car of any age, and we have had classics through to modern Alfas and Ferraris and everything in between. Attendees have come from across the southern counties, with enthusiasts arranging their own convoys from Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorset, and Surrey or arriving independently.

There are few meeting points, for those coming from southern Hampshire there is a meet at 08:30 in the car park of Sainsbury's at Junction 7 of the M27 (Hedge End), close to the petrol station, and then drive up in convoy.

There is also another meet in Newbury at 0900 in the McDonald car park McDonald - Newbury Retail Park, Pinchington Ln, Newbury RG14 7HU

We would love to see you all again, or meet you for the first time if you haven’t been before. Please do also spread the word to other Italian marque forums or boards that you are part of.

hopefully see you then

Alan

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Not this time. Will be elsewhere. Might have been able to bring a different car as well

·
Registered
14,827 Posts

·
Registered
14,827 Posts

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Turbo would be more appropriate

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Sadly, as I thought I will be in Malawi for the next meet :nuts:

Hoping there will be one more this year before the weather turns poop! Might have my new Giulietta by then :thumbup:

Enjoy the day.

Julian

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I am sure that I will be able to make it despite my worries. Newbury gathering point as described :thumbu p:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hopefully you get a great turn out despite being holiday time
I will see you at the next one in October as I will be away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. However, these meets tend to give an inferiority complex. Most people turn up with their spanking classics or souped up whatever, and here's me with a boggo standard 156 SW.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I can assure you that everyone comes from regular 156s and more modern than that even, through to supercars.

As long as you enjoy a chat and looking at cars then you are welcome. You can always feel superior over the Fiat owners...:wink_org:

It is basically a bit like going to a free car show!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I can assure you that everyone comes from regular 156s and more modern than that even, through to supercars.

As long as you enjoy a chat and looking at cars then you are welcome. You can always feel superior over the Fiat owners...:wink_org:

It is basically a bit like going to a free car show!
I visited Brooklands this year and my car was valeted. It looked the dogs. When I saw the other cars that turned up I said to myself "no it ain't the dogs."

I certainly like chatting about cars, so I might have a jaunt down to Alton. It's only about a 45 min ride from my house.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts