Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following the Great success of our last breakfast meet in April, at which we had over 40 cars in attendance, we are organising repeat events following the same format on the first Saturday of every other month over the summer and autumn (June, August, and October). We hope this will give some regularity to this informal meet.

The next meet will be held at 10am on Saturday the 3rd June, at The Departure Lounge Cafe, just outside Alton in northern Hampshire.

The cafe is a great venue for a breakfast meet, as it has a large solid field on which the owner lets us park so as to be all together and out of the main public car park.

The meet starts at 10am. It is open to any Italian car of any age, and we have had classics through to modern Alfas and Ferraris and everything in between. Attendees have come from across the southern counties, with enthusiasts arranging their own convoys from Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorset, and Surrey or arriving independently.

The format is simple, we park up, chat to other owners and look at the cars on show, and have some breakfast if you want to. People usually drift away by lunchtime.

For those coming from southern Hampshire we meet by 08:30 in the car park of Sainsbury's at Junction 7 of the M27 (Hedge End), close to the petrol station, and then drive up in convoy. We often include a stop with a photo shoot on the way.

We would love to see you all again, or meet you for the first time if you haven’t been before. Please do also spread the word to other Italian marque forums or boards that you are part of.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
and for those coming from 'North' we are gathering in Newbury: A339, McDonalds car park at the Retail Park (South of Newbury).

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Just need something Italian.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'll ask the other half if he wants to bring his Integrale, think it's due to come out of the garage in June! Fingers crossed I'll have my G by then too! Still searching for 'the one'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I'll be there, I may even give the Panda an outing :yes:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Just need something Italian.
I love your Lotus , It stilldeserves to be admired :yes:

I will try and come along had a good time last time.
Anyone in the Brighton area wants to travel up in convoy let me know and we'll sort something out.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Just added a link on alfabook too
Should have finished refurbing my wheels by then hopefully. :lol:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great guys,
Glad so many of you can make it. Keep spreading the word to other owners too.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Only a fortnight or so to go now, and some good responses across various forums, social media platforms and boards- it's all a bit spread out due to the spread of marques this is open to.

Hope to meet some of you there.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Having enjoyed the October breakfast meet, I'll be there again - hopefully with front end still free of stone chips after last weekend's respray.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi All

Yeah I'll be going along, and if anyone whats to meet in Newbury for a convoy this the place

McDonald at 0900hrs : - Newbury Retail Park, Pinchington Ln, Newbury RG14 7HU

there is normally myself in an Alfa Romeo 916 Spider,
an Alfa Romeo 156 sportwagon,
last time we also had a Lotus ( I know very Italian!!)
And not forgetting the Alfa Romeo Gulia QV, what a sound that v6 makes!!

so see you all on Saturday

Alan

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
156 sportwagon will be there :):ao:

Reactions: Greener123

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
I can probably make it again.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts