Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a satnav from ebay for £30 inc P+P. I looked into getting the TomTom package that fits neatly into the dashboard port on the mito but was rushed to the hospital with heart palpitations when told at the dealers that it was actually £300 odd quid, not £30 like I originally thought! Just to get this off my chest to start with... That is completely OUT-f'in-RAGEOUS if you ask me. So ofcourse i decided to replace my original satnav (that only cost me £30 btw, looked sweet & worked PERFECTLY for 3 years) with another FAIRLY priced satnav. However, as i believe the Mito to be the nutts in every way, shape and form, I would quite like to mount the new satnav in the port where the EXTORTIONATE TOMTOM is meant to go. Another heart attack later, i discover that this is nearly £50,,, £50 for a carefully crafted piece of plastic!!! 2 hours later, i'm tired of searching the web for a MADE IN CHINA £5 alternative, which i have no doubt exists or is in the production line. This is where I thought my fellow Alfa members might be able to shed some light on or anythingelse related to the above dilemma. Moreover, for all the smug members sitting there thinking "HA that'll teach him to be clever and save money, gonna av to stick it to the window after all", wellllll not really, i will make a cradle that fits the port myself, no problemo !! (apologies, massive rant i know)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I wanted the dashboard port on mine when I bought mine in May 2010, but my dealer knew very little about it, so I never got it and am now told it can't be retrofitted. :(

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Spamtastic :lol:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
the new mito's can get the same tom tom port as the giuliettas, which wasn't an option before.
the tom tom for alfa connect nicely with all the cars gadgets like blue and me, rev counter etc. but i do aggree with Saving you money that the price for the alfa unit does seem excessive over the price of a regular sat nav.
Try asking the questions on the giulietta thread, they have a lot more experience with the unit and may be able to tell you more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts