Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys

I am curious if anyone had this issue before with their satnav/infotainment system. It completely stopped working and now i get a black screen.

It first started when on one day it restarted itself randomly then after a couple of days the screen froze and the radio stopped responding to commands, even if the music was playing fine. I even took the key out of the ignition and the music still played for another minute or so
The last day that the nav worked it displayed randomly this green lines across the screen and the screen froze.
Disconnected and changed the original battery and now the screen is completely black but the screen pops up.

I also connected MultiEcuScan and couldn't connect to the Blue&Me module even if i have the correct adapters. See attached
I also tried doing a proxy alignment after a second battery disconnect but it failed doing it with the error :

"Writing to module: Receiver Radio/Radio Navigator Node (NRR/RMN) FAILED! - Busy error"

Any ideas what might need replacing or if anyone had this issue before or if it's the entire satnav/blue and me modules that needs replacing ?

Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
An update :
It seemed that the radio unit was simply "blocked" and even if i turned off the car there was a small fan inside the radio that still went on (even after a good couple of hours).

I went for the cheaper solution and installed a 2din Android headunit instead of replacing the radio (which would cost way more)

All steering wheel buttons work and radio / media works without any issues. Also no need now for blue&me since nav has it's own.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
An update :
It seemed that the radio unit was simply "blocked" and even if i turned off the car there was a small fan inside the radio that still went on (even after a good couple of hours).

I went for the cheaper solution and installed a 2din Android headunit instead of replacing the radio (which would cost way more)

All steering wheel buttons work and radio / media works without any issues. Also no need now for blue&me since nav has it's own.
I have the same issue the stereo and sat Nav stopped working for over a month now, not sure what caused it.

Where did you get the 2din android unit from? Can you post a link please and is it easy to fit?
Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same issue the stereo and sat Nav stopped working for over a month now, not sure what caused it.

Where did you get the 2din android unit from? Can you post a link please and is it easy to fit?
Thanks
Hi,

I bought the double din fascia plate and steering wheel adapter from Connects2 Ltd . You can buy the android head unit from anywhere as long as it's a 2DIN format
Good luck

·
Registered
2011 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde 235cv
23 Posts
An update :

Hi, I have a question

i tried to move to an android head unit and wanted to remove totally blue and me node

but when i do the proxy alignement try to talk to this module and can't finalize alignement.

so i am keeping the node but i think it create an issue with steering wheel control XD

how can i totally get rid of the node and align proxy? is there something to do before alignment? do i need another cable than the yellow one for multiecuscan? thanks

·
Premium Member
8,216 Posts
Often it is not possible to remove the B&M without resulting in a flashing odometer, which cannot be fixed by proxy alignment. The standard "fix" is to just leave the B&M installed, hidden behind the dash, and just forget about it. It should not interfere with possibility to connect steering wheel controls.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts