Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got a 2007 159 with the standard Alfa sat nav /phone kit (not blue & me).

I actually find it really good except that it sometimes takes forever to enter an address. It seems that anything starting with w or s gives it the biggest problem. As soon as you select a letter, the hourglass appears for several minutes.

To give some idea of this, I recently started programming a wolverhampton address in Leicestershire. By the time I had finished entering the address, I had been through 3 counties and was passing Birmingham on the M6.

Is this a common complaint of the system, or is it a fault with mine?

·
Registered
62 Posts
old sat nav

Hi, mine is the same! Almost completed my trip to whitstable before it found the address.

I wonder if there is a good unit anyone can recommend which can be fitted after market?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't go to scotland or worcester anymore... job jobbed :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
It's the CD searching for the next letter possibilities - I had it in the Brera, and sometimes it was just too slow - I'd try rebooting, etc, but it just stayed the same speed.

If it's any consolation, the SD-card sat nav in the Giulietta is the dog's dangly bits.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Well a dealer, or search it on here, or on GPS underground forums. I think they changed the map type on the 159 one so searching is quicker as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts