Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, still in the decision process of ordering a mito. Was tempted on the sat nav option but haven't seen any pics or heard if its any good or not. Has anyone got this option? Or would you say it's way too expensive?

B

·
0 Posts
Depends how much you use it really.

I have it on my current car and that was about £1k's worth of kit, I used to work out on the road and it was invaluable and if I had such a role again I wouldn't hesitate to get it.

...however, now I'm office based and I can't even remember the last I used the sat nav, so I won't be getting it next time.

The question is do you need it £1300 worth, or are you a light user and would a £100 unit do for you now and again?

Work out how much it'll cost you per year for how long you intend to keep the car and see if it still sounds expensive then.

I believe you can't also have it and Blue and Me at the same time, although I could be wrong on this...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, im all confused again. Was after the blue and Me too so will have to look into that also. Good points tho, i do intend to keep the car for a fairly long time.

Justifying £1300 on a sat nav like you say, needs to be weighed up in the points you suggested. Have to get the calculator out i guess.

B

·
0 Posts
...If you intend to keep it a long time I've found that an old factory sat nav just dates, in 5 or 6 years time it'll still be the same as it is today and have no new features.

Map updates need to be considered too at around £70 a set every year or two if you want to keep it up to date.

I'm not trying to put you off it, it's just my opinions on what it's like on my current ageing car as £1300 is just a stack of money for one option on a 'cheap' car.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The factory fit sat nav looks great in the Mito and lifts the cabin a little. there are pictures on mito blog along with the sunroof.

However although it looks good, and yes you can use it along with blue and me, its ultra expensive.

The only other option is the £700 pioneer F900bt unit Alfa dealers offer which is far far superior to the factory unit. It is amazingly good, looks good, works a treat and is fully voice activated. you dont need to have the blue and me then.
However as discussed on here before the chances are youll get it pinched. Theres no security for double din units im afraid.

I agree with the other comments that the factory unit will date quite quickly and would prove costly initially and to keep updated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still have yet to find a pic of the factory fitted unit :( poss to post a link pls?

Just looked at the pioneer unit, you're right that does look v.nice. That also would probably an easier way to update later as well. Didn't really think about the going out of date scenario, tech does move super fast and you're right, deffo a factor to consider. So you can ask for the pioneer unit to be fitted on the arrival of youre brand new mito? or would it be something that would need to be done after?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did just see it on that mitoblog video :) thanks for that. Does look gd. Read another post that said they thought the pioneer unit would come as on the dash type thing rather than being fully integrated in the dash. Any more info on this? is there anyone who has gone for either of the sat nav options? any regrets? thanks in advance.

B

·
0 Posts
Does look much better than the standard header unit, just hugely expensive compared to what sat-nav systems generally cost these days.

Shame really, if it was about £700 for the factory unit I'd be tempted myself.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Did just see it on that mitoblog video :) thanks for that. Does look gd. Read another post that said they thought the pioneer unit would come as on the dash type thing rather than being fully integrated in the dash. Any more info on this? is there anyone who has gone for either of the sat nav options? any regrets? thanks in advance.
Pioneer unit is a double unit same style as this one
YouTube - Dimostrazione Alpine IVA-W505R su Alfa MiTo

They are going for around £550 on ebay but youd have to fit it yourself.
The pioneer is in the accessories catalogue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts