Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I own a 2008 Spider 3.2 and am having a number of problems with the sat-nav and the cd multi-changer.

Since programming a route into the sat-nav this has now become the default every time I turn the engine on or off and will not engage the ‘main’ screen unless I select ‘main’ or ‘audio’ on the dash.

Its pretty annoying and I have tried removing the sat-nav cd but the only difference is rather than having a map pop up I now have the Alfa sat-nav pre-information screen – i.e. obey the laws of the road etc. This information will not go away unless I select either ‘main’ or ‘audio’ again.

Another niggle is my cd changer which will not fire up unless I specifically press play on the dashboard and it always begins at the start of songs, never where I last left off. I know this is not normal as I did not have this problems on my 147 or GT and it worked perfectly well in the Daihatsu Sirion I recently borrowed from the garage.

Does any one have any similar problems or ideas? I have heard a software upgrade available which may sort this all out but I won’t hold my breath!:(

Any advice gratefully received!

Dave

·
Registered
821 Posts
This is how it should work. You need to tell it that you are finished with the navigation:

Go into the Nav screen and make sure that you have de-activated your your route from the menu then from there select [Other Options] and select [Delete Destination].

·
Registered
227 Posts
Regarding the sat nav: What Alfarmus said!
Regarding music, I've found that if i switch off by hitting the volumn button rather than just powering off with the ignition, it will pick up where it was playing when switched off.

However, I do agree that there are some 'features' on the beast that drives me up the wall. Every so often it decides that there isn't a multi-play attached to it...

There is a software upgrade for it - I've read about it on here somewhere, but after reading horror stories about the upgrade CD sticking in the machine, I decided to leave well alone....

Just turn the music off, get the top down, foot to the floor and hear the music from the engine....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gents!

I have managed to sort out the Sat Nav now (de-activated) but the multi-changer is another issues. I will just turn down the volume and see if that works. If not I will just put up with it as the software upgrade sounds more hassle than its worth.....

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts