Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked at the Tomtom satnav that plugs in to the socket on top of the dashboard, but would like to know if this socket supplies power to the satnav or is it just instead of a suction cup?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Which model?

The mount for my tomtom just holds it and the power is by a USB socket undeneath the unit, but my (newer) Garmin has the power to the mount and a strong magnet holds the unit in place for various connections

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the dedicated Tomtom that uses the socket is very expensive, and i really just want to know if there is any power supply down that hole on the dash that I could use for any satnav.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Yes, it does supply power.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes, it does supply power.
Hi all,

Does anybody know how the connection with the TomTom Blue&Me Live 2 using the MyPort works?

I want to add the MyPort panel, get it wired for just power. And am hoping the the Steering button funtionality and low-fuel warning info can be done wirelessly?

(I read that in the first TomTom Blue&Me Live, this wasn't possible, but is that still the case?)

Cheers,

Ben

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
All the data is being sent via Bluetooth, just the power is drawn from the socket - but you'd need to change the Blue&Me software to TomTom version - and I don't know if it's possible. You can download it from the B&M website but I'm not sure if you can flash the unit in your car.

·
Registered
336 Posts
All the data is being sent via Bluetooth, just the power is drawn from the socket - but you'd need to change the Blue&Me software to TomTom version - and I don't know if it's possible. You can download it from the B&M website but I'm not sure if you can flash the unit in your car.
Thanks for the info!

Just looked into the parts fitted on my 2011 Giulietta (which I have not yet picked up!), and see that it has a Blue&Me unit which is "not equipped for PDA support". PDA Suopport refers to the MyPort Part), so the unit itself definitely has a different part number..

It seems the cars fitted with MyPort have Blue&Me ECU part no: 50521292

Ah well, I think that opens my choice of GPS units then!

Cheers,

Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts