Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...at my local Tesco whilst the franchise valet place does its work. I want the new owner to have a great experience on their first day with their Brera.

It's been sat unused for nigh on 3 months but every time I started it and took it for a little run it fired up first time, except this morning :cheese: looks like I've found the threshold of battery life. The new owners trip back to Kent will sort that out though.

In a lot of ways i'll be sad to see it go, I might not be back in an Alfa soon which is a sad thought, the type of car I want to drive is not the type of car Alfa make.

There is a glint of something fast and italian in my future to look forward to, and as for AlfaOwner, I aint going anywhere, this is the best online community I have been a part of for all its trials, trolls and tribulations. It's the people that make it what it is.

Here's to a future filled with interesting cars and interesting people.

Sean

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
the type of car I want to drive is not the type of car Alfa make.
Sean welcome to the ever growing group of non Alfa Owner enthusiasts :(

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sean welcome to the ever growing group of non Alfa Owner enthusiasts :(
Thanks Leigh, no reason why I can't still go on meets though, look at the Northwest Breakfast thats got a real mish mash of marques at it now, Range Rover, Jag, SAAB, Audi and maybe soon an M5 too

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Thanks Leigh, no reason why I can't still go on meets though, look at the Northwest Breakfast thats got a real mish mash of marques at it now, Range Rover, Jag, SAAB, Audi and maybe soon an M5 too
Absolutely! I still go to our local meets in the M3 or the Abarth………secretly everyone is jealous but they don't admit it :lol:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it this?

:lol:

BTW if you do get an M5 I'll be well jealous.
Silly sod :D

Not me thinking about getting an M5, that would be a recent facebook discussion for the source ;)

My next car will be a Maserati, as long as it can get in the car park at home without grounding out, or unless something else interesting drops in price.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck with that, Sean. I went out this morning to look at a potential new 'toy' and had my attention diverted by this : MASERATI Spyder GT 4200 - Vehicle Details . Very tempted, :D.
I'm aiming for a GranTurismo to replace my Jag in a couple of years, does depend on prices though, Maserati prices have firmed up lately, even for older cars, I expect FGAs investment in the Marque has something to do with reinstating some buyer confidence.

I had seen GTs sub 30K in the past year but they all seem to be have gone up a bit, even GranSports have been stable for around 3 years, I expect if you bought a good use one a few years ago you could have offloaded it without much depreciation at all after having enjoyed it for a couple of years.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Congratulations on your sale, glad you've finally found someone to enjoy the brera. You'll be back in Italian seats in the future I'm sure. See you Tuesday at NICN in your jag lol

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
946 Posts
Congrats on the sale Sean, somebody got a bargain?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats on the sale Sean, somebody got a bargain?
I think they did in the end but it was taking up a neighbours space in the car park so had to go.

What this bloke with the Beemer (who I've never ever met in my life, honest) said......

:p

Giving up a Brera is like loosing your shadow....
It's a sad day, not for the lack of Brera but more for the lack of Alfa in my life, I've lived 9 years of my life as an Alfaowner.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
What this bloke with the Beemer (who I've never ever met in my life, honest) said......

:p

Giving up a Brera is like loosing your shadow....
Sounds to me like you've had a Brera in the Past ...maybe a black LHD one :D

G

·
...the type of car I want to drive is not the type of car Alfa make.
What, you don't want to drive the best looking sports car on the market? Bit too fast for you is it? Stick to your Jaaaaaag, old man :lol::p

Let's hope we see you at meets, although we may make you sit at the back.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts