Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to visit my local Alfa Dealership and sat in the new Brera today. Wow I was very impressed and know that Id probably own this car in couple of years when they were older and more affordable.

I remember doing the same thing siting in the GTV when it was new at the dealer and thinking one day Ill be able to afford one of these and now I have (several years later of course !) But its nice to sit in the car you'll be driving a few years down the track at the showroom.

I love the electronic seat adjustment on the Brera its like a Porsche 928 which i sat in (which is 20 years older !) but still very nice indeed.

Left the showroom and went to get in my GTV which looked old and forgotten in comparison to all the new cars ! :lol:

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Aye! I parked my 155 on the forecourt at Bishops Guildford the other week... it looked positively ancient! :(

159Ti for me, when they're 4 or 5 years old.. :)

Ralf S.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I agree - The new seats on the Brera are a massive improvement, as is the darker centre console which is shared with the Brera S,

I wonder if Alfa have plans to facelift the bodywork, this car will look just as good in another 5 years!

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree - The new seats on the Brera are a massive improvement, as is the darker centre console which is shared with the Brera S,

I wonder if Alfa have plans to facelift the bodywork, this car will look just as good in another 5 years!
The car will be mine in 5 years hoepfully !

Whats the ride like in the Brera is it more refined than the GTV ?

N

·
0 Posts
... but the new seats don't have the Alfa emblem stitched
into the headrests. :(

And the bigger question is, do the new ones still cure back ache? ;)

·
Registered
586 Posts
I prefer the newer seats in terms of support, but the lack of Alfa Emblem is a bit of a blow. Still, the "Brera" Emblem on a Silver plaque is a very nice touch.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the brera I sat in today had electric seats and you could adjust it to any position you like in any combination and the adjustments were were very fine meaning you could make very fine adjustments in any direction. Up down forward back etc.

Unlike my GTV where u can only click the seat into certain notches forward and back !

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
The car will be mine in 5 years hoepfully !

Whats the ride like in the Brera is it more refined than the GTV ?
I had the GTV 2.0TS and now the Brera. The ride in the Brera is lightyears ahead, much more comfortable, you won't be dissapointed! Some who are after a really really sporty drive will tell you it should be harder, but hey you can always buy an S or just get harder shocks. I find the Brera ride great after the GTV which was pretty rough by comparison. Still loved the GTV.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Well the brera I sat in today had electric seats and you could adjust it to any position you like in any combination and the adjustments were were very fine meaning you could make very fine adjustments in any direction. Up down forward back etc.

Unlike my GTV where u can only click the seat into certain notches forward and back !
Yep there are endless improvements on the new gen cars, like 5mm steel whcih deosn't dent if you so much as look at a supermarket car park!

Some people say they're heavy, but when you sit in one you can see where the weight is - build quality and refinement. Bigger too - great boot.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had the GTV 2.0TS and now the Brera. The ride in the Brera is lightyears ahead, much more comfortable, you won't be dissapointed! Some who are after a really really sporty drive will tell you it should be harder, but hey you can always buy an S or just get harder shocks. I find the Brera ride great after the GTV which was pretty rough by comparison. Still loved the GTV.
Thats good to know my future car will be alot more comfortable. Thats the only thing I dont like about my car its too hard. Great on the freeway or racetrack but for 99% of the time I use it in the City with all the bumby roads surrounding it !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts