Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello winkles,

Following me testing out my swanky new software on my iPhone I'm keen to trial it against the real thing so am planning a trip to Santa Pod at the end of the month and wondered if anyone cared to join me.

For those not in the know: "Santa Pod Raceway in Northamptonshire offers the cheapest and most accessible track time in the UK. You can take your car and motorcycle out on the famous quarter-mile dragstrip and test it's performance limits in a safe and legal environment."

"You'll be entitled to unlimited runs or as many as your nerves will allow! After each run you'll receive a personal performance print-out showing your reaction times to the start lights, 60ft, 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile times and terminal speed."

It costs £10 entrance plus £20 signing fee, on the day, but if you book in advance you get entrance for free.

More details here - http://www.rwyb.co.uk

I've posted this in SE&L forum so we can go up in a convoy, but obviously people from all over will be welcome considering Santa Pod is in Northamptonshire.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
It's between a focus ST170, a Renault Clio Sport... or a gay Z3. :lol:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I dunno, the ST170 is not a bad car for the money. Easy to mod the engine and breath some life into it.

Raf used to be the South East regional rep for the Ford Focus Owners Club, and I used to go on a lot of meets with him. I think the ST170 is a good car, sporty yet useable every day.

I wouldn't touch the Z3, and the Clio is... well, its' a Clio.

So what's the gig Joe? I take it you're selling it again, I was on PH last night drooling over it. I asked the missus if I could do a swap, she wasn't happy :p

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
It's a gonna mate. Things were looking up but wasnt to last very long. :cry:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
i used to have a clio 172 cup. what a buzzbomb of a car.
cheap to buy, not too bad on fuel. out performs cars that were three times as exp when new.

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Ok, Alfa's are back on the table. :)

I have £4000 ish to spend.

Answers on a postcard. :)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also my mate Raf is coming in his Audi 3.2 V6. I say coming, it's him that's dragging me along, he's a regular at the Pod and it'll be my first time.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
i may pop along, its only 15 mins from me, i went to the auto italia event there a couple of years ago, i managed a 15.9 run but i had a badly blowing exhaust that day so i may see what i can do with a healthy exhaust.

nothing wrong with an st170, ok the engine is underpowered but the handling is amazing,much much better than comparable hot hatches ive driven, and its not difficult or expensive to get the bhp closer to 200 bhp.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
i live just round the corner. if i get my bike together i may well make a trip. waiting on bits being delivered.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts