Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys gave me some great ideas and advice on the Kindle so I'm asking again ;)

Looking at getting a bit more of an up-to-date mobile, nothing at all flash, just I still have an old mobile that's on a pay-as-you-go setup and is a bit boring now. Also while amkign a few calls this week then it really gets actually more expensive than some deals that are about now.

So I've looked at a few deals on-line and quite like the look and price/deal on this one....

Pay Monthly Phone Deals - Tesco Mobile Pay Monthly - Tesco Mobile

The amount of minutes per month will last me no problem, same goes for the texts. The download limit of 500Mb I'm not too sure exactly what that allows, or how much content that gets you, but is upgradable to 1Gb for an extra £2-50 per month, worth doing?
Don't spend an awful lot of time on the 'net so I'm thinking not, would only be the odd occasion. Also I've been told by workmates that Wi-Fi ones are different to full access ones like the iPhone that he has, and we have no Wi-Fi signal at work :confused:
Means nothing to me :D

I also bought a phone recently with a big touch-screen which was ok until you tried to see anything on the screen outdoors, useless!

As I've also now finally remembered my phone number then being able to keep my number would also be a bonus, I'm on T-Mobile at the moment so guess it won't be able to swap my number to this (or any other) phone?

Are these any better? Would rather not get into a 24month contract on a phone I can't use! :lol:

Help and advice as always will be much appreciated :thumbs:

I know I could get an all singing & dancing fancy thing for more cash but I really don't want to spend more than £15 a month for one due to how little I would use it.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I looked at it a while back.

Doesn't get very good reviews.

Check the Samsung Galaxy Pro.

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
You should be able to keep your phone number. When you are ready and before you sign a new contract call your existing operator and ask for a PAC code. They will probably offer you a deal to stay. Your choice.

When you go to get your new contract and phone tell them you want transfer your number and give them the PAC code. Might take one week to transfer.

Word of caution. Only do this when you are ready. Your PAC code will last 30 days. If you do not use it in time you may be charged if you try to get another.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just read a few reviews and seems your right about the phone not being brilliant, battery life poor and faults with the internet browser plus an issue with ending calls!

not brilliant to be tied into a 2 year contract with that one :tut:

i know it's more than i really want to pay but they seem a decent phone?

know there are newer, more powerful iphones now but for £20 a month it doesn't seem bad to me......

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm on my second Samsung and both have had fairly poor battery life.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a royal PITA, particularly when I'm on call as the phone has to be constantly on charge.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok guys, without wishing to start a new thread, what's the best contract phone available for under £15 a month.

not looking for anything fancy (not for this price you say :D) but some basics,

reliable, decent battery, no issues with being able to read screen outdoors :mad:, relatively small so fits pocket,

not overly bothered about internet access if i'm honest but could be handy,

as long as you get 200+ mins

2000+ texts

that would do me,

may be better to stick with a pay as you go one for the limited use i do but it is a pain to keep getting credit put on

what about this samsung S5830 galaxy ace?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts