Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :)

My phone contract is finishing soon, so I was looking at something else besides iPhone as I got one already. The guy in 3G said that there will be a new phone out at same time when I have to change mine and he was praising the Samsung galaxy s3 big time.

All I want to know if this phone will CONNECT to the car and if it's any good as I never had android phone.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
S3 works

Hi

I have recently aquired the S3 and it connects just fine. Made a few calls and haven't had a problem so far. The text reading function doesn't work, but I dont think it does for any android phone. If you want to connect your phone with a usb cable to listen to music from your phone it won't work. This is because it only supports MTP for file transfers, not mass storage mode. No problem for me since I always have a 16 GB usb stick connected.

Seems like a nice phone so far. Blazing fast compared to my old Galaxy S.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i got the s3, love it connects to my s3 and works but dono about message reading never tried it

·
Registered
34 Posts
You could also consider the Google Nexus 4. Its the latest flagship phone from google, simfree price for 8GB is 239£. Nothing in the market for such low a price and for me it was a no brainer ! I got mine few days back & its great, gives SGS3 a very good run for its inflated price. Downside of Nexus 4 is no SD card expansio & the simfree version is sold out on google play. Contract nexus 4s are still available in retail I believe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts