Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a few posts on here regarding this combination. Samsung Kies suggested firmware upgrade so I upgraded to ICS, Android 4 and ever since then I've had endless problems with the phone and B&Me. In the end I reverted the phone back to Gingerbread, Android 2.3.6 and the phone is now working as it used to with B&Me. So my advice is, if your S2 is on 2.36, DO NOT upgrade the firmware if Kies suggests it. 2.3.6 seems to work fine with B&Me, 4.x does not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have a samsung galaxy s2 running ICS (4.0.3) and have connected to Blue&Me without too much difficulty. Upgrade. Go on do it. :)

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
Upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Note to ICS yesterday and it is fine with B&Me in my Fiat. I have to say the system in the Fiat works better than in any of the 159's I had:confused:

Bit of topic I know :eek:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Note to ICS yesterday and it is fine with B&Me in my Fiat. I have to say the system in the Fiat works better than in any of the 159's I had:confused:

Bit of topic I know :eek:
I upgraded my Galaxy Note to ICS last week, and ever since then, the B&Me is not being recognised automatically anymore....I tried re-pairing a few times, and it works fine once paired up, but when I leave the car and then come back it does not detect or auto-connect :rolleyes:

Ironically enough I had a Bravo MJet Sport prior to 159(loved it BTW!:thumbs:) and the B&Me in that didnt seem as good as the 159s! Usually didn't auto connect right away either! :lol: But was a different phone....

·
Registered
158 Posts
i have a samsung galaxy s2 running ICS (4.0.3) and have connected to Blue&Me without too much difficulty. Upgrade. Go on do it. :)
What year is your car Dan? I wonder if it has anything to do with the version of b&m that is installed as I'm having awful probs with connection only lasting a few days then disappearing.

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
Well, well, well...............me and my big mouth. B&M has started playing silly buggers....:(

When I picked the car (Bravo 2009 plate) up 2 months ago my Samsung Galaxy Note paired with B&M easily and the phonebook copied across automatically (the phone was running Gingerbread).

Last week I upgraded the phone to Ice Cream Sandwich and at first all worked fine. Now however :)confused:)while it will pair with B&M the phone constantly asks me to allow B&M access to my phone book and call history. This happens everytime I get in the car and start it up. It means that I end up with a few contacts available from the cars menu but not all of them and B&M is still trying to connect with the phone to build my contact database everytime I get in the car. Once I finish the journey and stop the car, the phonebook is lost and the whole thing starts again the next time I get in the car :(

Anyone got any suggestions how I can solve this? It is obviously a compatibility issue with Android ICS and B&M!

I will try and copy the contacts across manually and see if this works. Another question - how can I find what version of B&M I am running?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have a galaxy s2 running ICS and it works 100% fine... At first it kept asking for access to the phonebook but there is a checkbox underneath saying "remember my choice" or something similar which I missed at first, maybe you missed it too?

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Is there not a setting in the bluetooth menu to make B&M a trusted device with full access?

I'm still amazed that a system first available before the launch of the first iPhone still handles just about any device you throw at it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 159 is on a 2007/57 plate...... 2.4 JTDM. Not sure what version of blue & me it is, but I know I have failed in attempts to upgrade it.

I still have no blue-tooth issues.

My SGS II is on Android 4.0.3 -(I9100XWLP7)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts