Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning troops, I would like to change the unit in my Brera for something a little snazzier, however, one thing that stops me is the potential messing about getting things to work, not to mention the stripping out to get the unit in. I have seen an Alfa unit for sale and am thinking maybe this is the way to go, but in the back of my mind I have a thought that somewhere I have read that these units are slightly bigger than the cheapo version. Can anybody please confirm or deny this bit of info please.
Thanks

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
What's fitted now? What's the difference between you Alfa unit and the...err, Alfa unit?! :D

If in doubt, pay to get it done. Simple. Your budget will be a big dictator of what you buy. If choosing aftermarket, then factor in the steering wheel control interface and dash kit.

:)

·
Registered
700 Posts
From what I've read on the 159 section you are correct,

The Satnav unit is a slightly different size (larger) than the non satnav one.

If you change from std to satnav you will also need to replace the console panel.

Axe

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's fitted now? What's the difference between you Alfa unit and the...err, Alfa unit?! :D

If in doubt, pay to get it done. Simple. Your budget will be a big dictator of what you buy. If choosing aftermarket, then factor in the steering wheel control interface and dash kit.

:)
Valid point, the one fitted is the bog standard radio, crappy looking thing, the other is the one with the touch screen etc., not quite so crappy looking.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I've read on the 159 section you are correct,

The Satnav unit is a slightly different size (larger) than the non satnav one.

If you change from std to satnav you will also need to replace the console panel.

Axe
Aha, I wasn't dreaming it then. I may as well go all out for a super duper unit then if I am going to have to mess about. One of my worries is that everything works as it should, I don't want to upset the car.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Valid point, the one fitted is the bog standard radio, crappy looking thing, the other is the one with the touch screen etc., not quite so crappy looking.
If there's a factory touch screen version, we didn't get it here in Australia, hence I'm not familiar with it. :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts