Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

I am now a proud new owner of a 159 1.9jtdm Lusso as of 3 hours ago. What a machine!!!

Just arrived back in the house, looked at the trip computer and realised Ive put 100 miles on the clock :lol: Absolute pleasure to drive!!

Engine is sweet as and every button inside her seems to work fine. Planning to get her remapped and possibly loose the dpf and egr. Can anyone recommend anywhere local that does a good map?

So if you see a red 159 tearing round Ballyclare with an eejit with a huge grin behind the wheel gimme a wave.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Hi all

I am now a proud new owner of a 159 1.9jtdm Lusso as of 3 hours ago. What a machine!!!

Just arrived back in the house, looked at the trip computer and realised Ive put 100 miles on the clock :lol: Absolute pleasure to drive!!

Engine is sweet as and every button inside her seems to work fine. Planning to get her remapped and possibly loose the dpf and egr. Can anyone recommend anywhere local that does a good map?

So if you see a red 159 tearing round Ballyclare with an eejit with a huge grin behind the wheel gimme a wave.

Cheers.
Glad you're enjoying the 159 :thumbs:

I'm in Ballyclare most Thursday evenings and Sundays. I'll keep an eye out.:)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Planning to get her remapped and possibly loose the dpf and egr. Can anyone recommend anywhere local that does a good map?
Cheers.
Hi Brian, and welcome.

Auto-tune in Ballymena are very good. They will advise against removing the DPF, but if you at least get the EGR disabled, that will eliminate the source of most of your engine problems. Worked for me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
welcome Brian!!!

i pass Ballyclare fairly often en route to the mrs' in Cairncastle, so if you're given the alfa flash by a grey 159 its me!!!!

i had a red 159 Lusso until December, gotta say the interior in the lussos are MINT!!

health to enjoy!

Phil.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Brian,
And there was me thinking i had the only red lusso in and around ballyclare ! Im over in Ballynure so im bound to see you about, Picked mine up in Nov there and its been awesome so far. Let me know how you get on with the remap as im looking into myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys. Think I'll check out Auto-tune and see what they recommend. Got the car cheaper than i'd budgeted for, so got a few shillings to play with.

Already got the headlights adjusted up a bit and put some Ring Xtreme blues in. At least now i can see where i'm going lol. Now to get wipers that dont judder and smear :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers guys. Think I'll check out Auto-tune and see what they recommend. Got the car cheaper than i'd budgeted for, so got a few shillings to play with.

Already got the headlights adjusted up a bit and put some Ring Xtreme blues in. At least now i can see where i'm going lol. Now to get wipers that dont judder and smear :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Place called wheels r us at the bottom of the donegal road. Theyre deffo a lot brighter but hard to tell just how much. foggy here tonight.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I spoke to auto tune earlier today, gonna get it booked in the nxt couple of weeks for a remap and egr dpf removal. As for lights im waiting on a set of 55w xenons arriving hopefully nxt week. The LEDs are a nice upgrade to the side, number plate and puddle lights nice an clean light.

·
Registered
160 Posts
^^^sounds good gents cheers.

lights are one of the things on my to-do list too.

i'll be passing ballyclare tonight, so if i see a red 159 i'll be sure to wave!

Phil.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts