0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if they will fit?

I have a chance of a suspension kit for the sportwagon but it was for a saloon

·
Registered
30,017 Posts
Yes they will fit.
But you need to find out if you have self-levelling rear suspension on your SW.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I asked the same question 2 weeks ago.

I put mine on the SW last week, without the self leveling thingy, and It fits perfectly.

Go for it. Mine is like a different car.

(the self level was an option, which most DONT have)

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
It was a sod of a job by the way. steel bolts through alloy legs up front...... big issues.

The bolt that ties the strut bottom to the fork is the nightmare. A few on here had to drill them out. I used a grinder... but the bolt still wouldnt come through.

Rear was easier but still a sod.

I am not one to pay someone to do a job I am perfectly capable of doing, but whatever they charge, its money well spent. Mines is a 2001 so perhaps older and rustier.

Either V6Jon or V6Hughes posted a link to a how to guide which was fantastic. Problem is it was on the "holiday" site so lost the link.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
it was a guide that V6Jon did up after he & I did his suspension over a year ago, on his drive way.

when removing the rear long bolt, bottom of hub, place a flat file in between the hub, where its exposed, in order to file the rust off it, then spray loads of oil onto it, in order to get help it slide out.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers for the tips :thumbs:

I have had the front lags off already so all the bolts are nice and free, the back is a new one on me.....

I am still to get the kit, it's a -30mm drop and im not sure if i want to go that low

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Oh how we laughed...... :lol:

Just trying to help old boy. Apologies if my knowledge is lacking. We all have to start somewhere.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts