Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
... are such chancers.

I just went to buy a washing machine and fridge.

First she tries to convince me the more expensive French
washing machine is better than the ****ty Italian one. :rolleyes:

Next up is the usual warranty scam, "Your last one may
have lasted 8 years but these new ones are only built to last
2 or 3 years."
Yeah, right darlin' nothing to do with the extra €100 and €50
on a ~€250 washing machine and fridge respectively then.

Then she tries to get me to buy a scam magnet softener. FFS :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And the icing on the cake was trying to get me to change
electricity provider. Leave it out!

Anyway, apart from that: all good.
They're even going to take the manky old knackered
ones away. :thumbs:

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
:lol:

I hate salespeople with a passion :mad: When they try sell me a warranty I say I dont want the product if it is going to breakdown that quickly.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Washing Machine sale = basic wages
Fridge sale = basic wages
Extended Warranty sale + commission = £££s
Changing Electricity provider + commission = £££s
Whatever a Magnet Softener is + commission = £££s

Bet you didn't you get anything part exchange or trade in value on your old units did you?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bet you didn't you get anything part exchange or trade in value on your old units did you?
You haven't seen the state of 'em. :lol:

Now I've pulled the surround off the old fitted
fridge I'm actually scared to put any food near it.

:vomit:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
I have to admit from being on the other side of the fence i hate when people think you are trying to con them when all that you are doing is giving them good advice and at times saving them money in the long run.

Many of times i have told customers to sling their hook because of situations like this.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to admit from being on the other side of the fence i hate when people think you are trying to con them when all that you are doing is giving them good advice and at times saving them money in the long run.

Many of times i have told customers to sling their hook because of situations like this.
Telling a customer to sling their hook'd be a firing offence
in my line of work. You must have a very secure job.

Extended warranties can be useful.

But adding 30% to the price of something like a washing
machine that has a failure rate of (from memory) 20%
over 5 years is just a scam, let's be honest.
When highstreet resellers are making more from warranties than actually selling product, you know it's mostly BS. Otherwise they would be making any money from them.

As I said my last one has only just had a door seal fail
after 8 years.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
Telling a customer to sling their hook'd be a firing offence
in my line of work. You must have a very secure job.
I work in a field where there is very little recourse for your actions as you are only paid for what you sell, nothing else. Its not something i'd do every day or every week but i've had my moments when I realise i don't get paid for talking to numpties.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
It all does seem like a scam, but companies do not make a huge amount on these washing machines and such, what they make the money on now is the warranties and extras.

In fact this is how sales have worked for a couple of thousand years, a nice cheap bit of bait to get you in and then the more expensive sell while your hooked and caught, there is no walking away while you are waiting to pay is there.

I never get irritated by this method of selling as it keeps everything cheap for me to be able to buy. Its better to pay for a washing machine with a days wage than it is with a months worth as it used to be.

·
Registered
37,347 Posts
I hate sales people too.

I make sure I research what I want before I go to the shop, and that is what I buy. The sales person's job then is to take my money and supply the goods.

I don't want someone telling me what and what not to buy. :tut:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hate sales people too.

I make sure I research what I want before I go to the shop, and that is what I buy. The sales person's job then is to take my money and supply the goods.

I don't want someone telling me what and what not to buy. :tut:
Odd that, I'm the opposite. I like trying things in shops, picking the sales persons brains and listening to expert advice. Then I buy it cheaply from the 'net.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I work in a field where there is very little recourse for your actions as you are only paid for what you sell, nothing else. Its not something i'd do every day or every week but i've had my moments when I realise i don't get paid for talking to numpties.

What field would that be?

·
Banned
378 Posts
i try not to mix business with pleasure so i'd rather not say.:)
You don't have to explain yourself OR tell anyone what you do to make a living......considering how most people feel about dole spongers i think we should be glad people are earning a living and paying into the tax system.......not get all up our collective passages about 'sales people'......................

ALL people sell in one form or another anyway when you think about it.;)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i think we should be glad people are earning a living and paying into the tax system.......not get all up our collective passages about 'sales people'......................
....or end up being told to "Sling our hooks". ;)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They get money from the government don't they? :confused:

They are selling a service are they not?

Dont take it literally!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU GOT ME!!!

:thumbs:
Ermm

Yes?
No.
No problem
I have a warm feeling now

1 - 20 of 61 Posts