Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys and gals

i want to sell my brothers Alfa 156 SW 156 2.5 V6

the cambelt snapped and i have started with the repair but i have run out of funds , i need to sell the car ASAp due to some financial issues.

ill need to sell as is at the moment , what it needs is a new timing belt tensioner and for everything to be refitted , i have a new cambelt which wil be sold with the car.

i need some advice as to how much i could possibly get for this car.

i know the heads will have to be reoved and the valves be checked and so on.

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2004 Alfa 156 SW 2.5 V6

150 000km , tan leather interior , BOSE sound system , original Mag wheels.

pics to follow soon.

thank you in advance

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Unfortunately as a non runner the cars not worth a lot we bought one that swallowed water for under R20 000.00 also a full house 2004 Sportwagon.

I am sorry I know that’s not what you want to hear

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
You need to borrow some money, fix the car and then sell it. Otherwise you are going to get diddly squat. It's the possibility of bent valves etc that will scare people off.

If you don't mind me asking, when was the cambelt last changed (having said above that the mileage is 150k)?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to be honest i dont think the cabmelt has been changed , when the car was bought the garage where it was purchased done a full service and apparently had the cambelt changed but , i doubt it highly that it was changed.

ill try to upload some pics today

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pics are a bit small, any chance u can post bigger ones?
What condition is the interior in (leather cracked or not, drivers seat bolster and stuff like that?)

I am contemplating getting my missus something like this, she does very few km's and the Vito she drives is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Do u owe anything on it and is it registered in your name?

FWIW, I am not tyre kicking here

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Holy cr*p....150k on one cambelt is like tiptoeing barefoot in a pit of mambas, it's just a matter of time before you get bitten. :lol:

You sure it's a 2004 cos that's when the facelift came out?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
interior is in very good nick leather is in great condition, ill see if i can get bigger pics up for you guys

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I would say bite the bullet and fix her.
The Heads will save you a couple of rands.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts