Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Due to family enlarging I'm having to sell my 2010 2.2 JTS Indepandant Italia Spider which has been remapped and got a lovely sounding Sports Exhaust. It's only done 8800 miles and 18 months old.

I'd rather it went to an Alfa fan so if anyones interested in it here it is:

Alfa Romeo : Independent Italia Spider 2.2 JTS Sat Nav; Matte Paint

Feel free to pm me if any questions.

Simon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re Mapping

Simon,
I have such a car and seriously dissapointed, if it didnt look so stunning it would have long gone. Was the remapping worth it, who did it, and did it allow you to accelerate out of corners?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Simon,
I have such a car and seriously dissapointed, if it didnt look so stunning it would have long gone. Was the remapping worth it, who did it, and did it allow you to accelerate out of corners?
What's not to like? My Spider 2.2 jts accelerates out of corners. It just does so in a measured, unobtrusive way. The car is a beach cruiser, not a sports car or a performance car. It's not supposed to be a brash neck-snapper. The stunning looks are the whole idea. Elisabetta Canalis (George Clooney's beautiful Italian ex-girlfriend) is not exactly a threat to win a triathlon event and that's OK by me.

The Spider weighs nearly as much as a Boeing 747 and has a normally aspired 2.2L engine. What do you want? By the way, don't expect a remap alone to do much, if anything, for performance.

Relax, buy yourself some stylish sunglasses (and perhaps a jaunty hat), put the top down, hang your elbow on the window sill, and cruise, cruise, cruise.

·
Registered
256 Posts
What's not to like? My Spider 2.2 jts accelerates out of corners. It just does so in a measured, unobtrusive way. The car is a beach cruiser, not a sports car or a performance car. It's not supposed to be a brash neck-snapper. The stunning looks are the whole idea. Elisabetta Canalis (George Clooney's beautiful Italian ex-girlfriend) is not exactly a threat to win a triathlon event and that's OK by me.

The Spider weighs nearly as much as a Boeing 747 and has a normally aspired 2.2L engine. What do you want? By the way, don't expect a remap alone to do much, if anything, for performance.

Relax, buy yourself some stylish sunglasses (and perhaps a jaunty hat), put the top down, hang your elbow on the window sill, and cruise, cruise, cruise.
That works in Italy but being stuck on the North Circular in the rain isn't quite the same! :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
With an Avatar of a Jet I guess you get the Power buzz elsewhere, living in south Devon with a lack of a main road to cruise, I am for ever in search of the zipp through the typres. More to the point the wife drives an Abarth and I cant keep up with her through the lanes and that really annoys me!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
With an Avatar of a Jet I guess you get the Power buzz elsewhere, living in south Devon with a lack of a main road to cruise, I am for ever in search of the zipp through the typres. More to the point the wife drives an Abarth and I cant keep up with her through the lanes and that really annoys me!!
That airplane was my vehicle of choice many years ago back when I weighed about half as much and still had some respect for the owners. Those days are long gone.

You're right about getting my buzz elsewhere. Even though I'm older than dirt and should know better, I thrash my Ducati motorcycle around our (fantastic) local Italian roads when I need a little reminder of what a blast of adrenaline feels like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts