Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly time to sell my GTAm, after restoring her last year the wife wants something she also can drive at the weekends.

I would prefer perhaps to sell her! I don't think she reads this forum!?

Yes its not going cheap and before I get posts saying its way over priced my bills add up to more than the asking price! And I have not skimped on anything!

Its on eBay link is:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272130274254?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I pray it goes to a good home as its lived a very pampered life in my company!

Full description and pictures on eBay.

Possibly might px for something more modern madam can drive.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,493 Posts
Looks fabulous, the price is what it seems a car like that is in the market, the right buyer is out there.

Now you said you want something the lady can enjoy driving, but then you are looking for a possible P/X for an American Muscle car!! I dont get that.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,493 Posts

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Now you said you want something the lady can enjoy driving, but then you are looking for a possible P/X for an American Muscle car!! I dont get that.
you say you bought her a roomy family saloon, a Dodge.......
you just don't mention it's the 440 big block Charger that was chasing Steve McQueen in "Bullitt";)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks fabulous, the price is what it seems a car like that is in the market, the right buyer is out there.

The fickleness of her indoors, she loves Mustangs and the film Gone in Sixty Seconds, very average film in my opinion!

So I could get away with a Mustang!

She just hates the Alfa! there is NO logic in it!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AH! I see!
Ha ha great pic, if only mate!!!

This thread is depressing me now!

Come-on guys give an Alfa nut some hope!

Before I met her I've had Alfas in total I reckon over 30! most 75's, 1x33, 1x164, 2xGT, 3x GTV's 1XCup, and almost an SZ...the one that got away!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
My Mrs is not a huge fan of my Alfa...

Boll***s to her, Its my car...I don't comment on the ''new towel rail'' or ''rustic basin cabinet''

keep it.

it's a beauty, and wives come and go....:biglaugh:

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
My Mrs is not a huge fan of my Alfa...

Boll***s to her, Its my car...I don't comment on the ''new towel rail'' or ''rustic basin cabinet''

keep it.

it's a beauty, and wives come and go....:biglaugh:
Do they? - I've had mine for 25 years and am still pretty happy with the arrangement...., I'd love it if she wanted a classic of her own whatever make it was but as it is she's happy to come out with me in the Spider now and then, if a car is jointly funded then I guess its a joint decision is it not?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Im really confused. American muscle car? But also a car that she can drive at weekends.
This implies that she doesn't like driving the gtam, with its noisy exhaust and lack of drivers aids.
Surely a 67 mustang is going to be the same, except shell only be able to drive it in a straight line?

Before you sell, make sure you've picked out the car that both of you are happy with, because by the sounds of things, shed prefer something like the new mx5?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im really confused. American muscle car? But also a car that she can drive at weekends.
This implies that she doesn't like driving the gtam, with its noisy exhaust and lack of drivers aids.
Surely a 67 mustang is going to be the same, except shell only be able to drive it in a straight line?

Before you sell, make sure you've picked out the car that both of you are happy with, because by the sounds of things, shed prefer something like the new mx5?
Are you married?

The fickleness of her indoors, she loves Mustangs and the film Gone in Sixty Seconds, very average film in my opinion!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Are you married?

Sorry I may have confused things. Was it (The 105)built by Auto Delta? If not is there any tastey history connected with it?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Do they? - I've had mine for 25 years and am still pretty happy with the arrangement...., I'd love it if she wanted a classic of her own whatever make it was but as it is she's happy to come out with me in the Spider now and then, if a car is jointly funded then I guess its a joint decision is it not?
Are you for real?
25 years?
Happy with the arrangement?
Joint decision ?

Dear, dear boy don't you understand? It's real war out there!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts