Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Wales Manager Gary Speed dies suddenly......

Tragic news just being broadcast of the sudden death of Gary Speed, aged just 42 Years old..No official explanation yet......:(

R.I.P......Gary......

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Sorry Panic........

Didn't know this thread was about Gary Speed too......

Unbelievable news down here in Wales.......:(

R

·
0 Posts
Have just found that. That's terrible, he's about the same age as us and seemed to have so much going for him :(

Not only was he a really good player he always came across as a pleasant, measured and decent guy too.

·
Administrator
45,534 Posts
Just merged the threads to avoid confusion.

Incredibly sad news. Hits home for me because a friend committed suicide in the same way last year - and similarly, she seemed to have everything to look forward to. I was due to be the Best Man at her wedding a couple of months ago. :(

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Cheers Bazza........

There will be a minutes silence for Gary Speed before the Swansea v Aston Villa game this afternoon, there was some doubt as to whether the game should go ahead, but the players and referee have all agreed on that gesture.Seemed like it was a minutes applause instead, with all the Players and Officials wearing black armbands now as well........

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I believe he hanged himself.
No suspicious circumstances which suggests it was planned by him and carried out unfortunately.
What sad news

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Couldn't believe it, we were at the rugby club this morning when someone came out and told us about it. :(

K

·
0 Posts
Cheers Bazza........

There will be a minutes silence for Gary Speed before the Swansea v Aston Villa game this afternoon, there was some doubt as to whether the game should go ahead, but the players and referee have all agreed on that gesture.Seemed like it was a minutes applause instead, with all the Players and Officials wearing black armbands now as well........
Devastating news. Everyone just looked completely in shock before the kick-off. When the applause started and the chant of "There's only one Gary speed" went up I was in tears. Desperately sad.

One of those rare individuals that nobody seemed to have a bad word to say about.

RIP Gary.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts