Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home from a car show last Sunday, there we were doing a nice steady 70 on the A41 when the dashboard lit; the road behind disappeared in a cloud of smoke and there were some very loud clanging noises from under the bonnet.

There having been no previous warnings of anything untoward, the crack in the engine block that I can fit a finger into came as a bit of a surprise.

Taking into account lack of storage and virtually complete lack of funds in the foreseeable future, today sees Jessica Alfa heading for the scrapper.

At least I still have the Sportwagon but with 148,000 miles on the clock, for how much longer?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear that. why didn't you advertise it on hear, someone may have wanted a donor car.
After the frankly offensive comments I received when I first bought the car because it wasn't in the original black, it never occurred to me to advertise on here.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope it went to a breaker and not to get crushed.
Breaker offers £2 (yes, two whole pounds sterling); scrap guy offered £50. What would you have done?

Especially as that £50 effectively quadruples my current net worth?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Scrappers are breakers have you never seen scrappers on the TV, they remove all things that are saleable then the rest is crushed to be recycled elsewhere. In the last episode of scrappers, Terry and Lyndsay went to Italy to look at a machine that could sort every part of a car, it was amazing.
Just a shame you were put of adverising it on here, which just goes to show that sometimes some people should not be so judgemental as it can be off putting to other members. We can't all like everything the same,that is what makes us individual.
The Scrapper will be the one to benefit in this instance. Rodt will you buy another 916.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Not all Scrapyard's are the same. The one I take my shells to doesn't dismantle. They may remove the battery and the cat. When scrap was at its highest value I took a 156 up there on a trailer, they picked it up and put it straight onto a pile next to the crusher. At the moment it's not worth the effort of loading cars on a trailer. You get £25. They will come and pick them up for free though.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scrappers are breakers have you never seen scrappers on the TV, they remove all things that are saleable then the rest is crushed to be recycled elsewhere. In the last episode of scrappers, Terry and Lyndsay went to Italy to look at a machine that could sort every part of a car, it was amazing.
Just a shame you were put of adverising it on here, which just goes to show that sometimes some people should not be so judgemental as it can be off putting to other members. We can't all like everything the same,that is what makes us individual.
The Scrapper will be the one to benefit in this instance. Rodt will you buy another 916.
In the very unlikely event that funds become available, another Spider is on my shopping list.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts