Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody,

Does anyone know anything about Sachs Super Touring shock absorbers? I had them fitted to the rear of my car a couple of years ago as the old ones were found to be knackered during a service. The car is low, too low at the back at the moment, I'm sure the springs are knackered as 3 or 4 of the coils are touching each other at all times. These springs are at least 6 years old (when I bought the car) so I''m hoping to replace them with Eibachs. Just wondered what people know about the Sachs shocks, I'd rather not change them as they've only done about 7,000 miles. Are they just standard equipment?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I don't know about sach's shocks, but the dampers counter the rebound of the spring movement, so if your springs are knackard, they sound well and truely, I'd get them changed asap as you'll only be damageing the suspension if you don't. As the springs have had it, the shocks won't have anything to counter, so won't be doing much. Change those springs.:eek:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep I'm looking for springs, I have some Eibachs for the Front and I'm trying to find some for the rear too, emailed Eibach earlier. I can't find anything about these shocks on a GTV though.

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
KYBs

Thought so, I guess I'll put new springs on and see how they feel.
I think they're std as well. I had some new ones but sent them back as they weren't as 'stiff' as KYBs which a lot of us use. I'd fit a pair of these when doing the springs or even before.

Clive

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might well do that. I presume you have standard shocks on the front? The choice seems limited these days, standard or Koni for the V6, much more choice for the 2 litre cars.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The choice seems limited these days, standard or Koni for the V6, much more choice for the 2 litre cars.
Not for my JTS, only fronts available are the standard Alfa ones. Alfisti say they have shocks for the JTS with short drop links but I have long drop links, Eper says there is only one type of shock absorber for the JTS and also only one type of drop link. Luckily the standard front shocks seem to be reasonably good, unlike the rears.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seems weird, if you want shocks for the old GTV6 there's tons of choice.

I might put new front shocks on too, I'm probably running on the originals. Shop 4 parts seems cheapest, anywhere else worth checking?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts