Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quick update, had a play with the car over the weekend. Sadly, different connectors, so I'm looking up connector pinouts and where to get hold of the connectors so I can make an adaptor harness/loom.
On the positive side, did get the steering wheel swapped over, nice new flat-bottomed sports wheel in - only had to remove everything twice...

The Mito connector sits in front of the seats under a black plastic cover, easy enough to get to. In case anyone needs to access it, follow the steps below:

Photos here. I'd put them inline, but they wouldn't show up, so I think they're too big or something. For reference, the last photo is the connector on the seats from the Corsa VXR

1. use a screwdriver to loosen the locking pegs, it'll pop out like the one on the left

2. Pull out both pegs

3. Grab the top of the plastic housing and pull - it's held on by a couple of clips that just pop out

4. The connector lives underneath. To undo the connector, pull the little yellow tab towards the front of the car (for the left-hand seat) then pull the grey retainer outwards while lifting the connector up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No progress, sadly. Life's not given me time. The VXR seats are currently being a clothes horse... They also need a proper clean, pretty sure there were sat in a dirt pile before they shipped.

I got some bits and pieces to sort out the wiring last week, so I just need to get time to pull out one of the Mito's seats and do some surgery to that and the VXR one to see if it'll work electrically. My plan is to get the wiring done and see if it throws any errors when plugged in. Unplugging a seat threw an error code on the dash, so if it doesn't do that I'm assuming it'll be fine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Another set for sale on a well-known UK auction site... think £1,500 is the buy it now price, with offers...

Drivers seat looks pretty ripped up...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Another set for sale on a well-known UK auction site... think £1,500 is the buy it now price, with offers...

Drivers seat looks pretty ripped up...
I just won them with an offer of £1,150.
Will give them a good clean & check how bad the wear & tear is when they arrive next week.
Considering I was willing to pay asking price, I don't mind if I need to get minor repairs using the cash I saved.

Will provide updates/photos when I can.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I just won them with an offer of £1,150.
Will give them a good clean & check how bad the wear & tear is when they arrive next week.
Considering I was willing to pay asking price, I don't mind if I need to get minor repairs using the cash I saved.

Will provide updates/photos when I can.
Damn! I should have low-balled them instead of posting here!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts