Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi AO,

Have seen a few MiTo owners on instagram with Sabelt Carbon-backed bucket seats.

I understand these were available as a ~£2,000 option on the later MiTos, and a similar version seems to be available in one (or more) of the Abarth 500 special editions.

Anyone know:
+Do these tilt forward to allow access to rear bench; and
+Are these seats available to buy, or is the only option to wait until a set come up on the used market...?

·
Registered
542 Posts
To your first question: Yes.
2nd question: you can´t buy them (unless you are willing to pay every single screw alone from your Alfa dealer and fit them together yourself, which costs around 2500 € per seat!)
I search them since 4 years, I only saw one offer, but didn´t get them.
You need to disable the side airbag, the seats are not adjustable in their height and the arm-rest needs to be removed (if you have one)...

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
To your first question: Yes.
2nd question: you can´t buy them (unless you are willing to pay every single screw alone from your Alfa dealer and fit them together yourself, which costs around 2500 € per seat!)
I search them since 4 years, I only saw one offer, but didn´t get them.
You need to disable the side airbag, the seats are not adjustable in their height and the arm-rest needs to be removed (if you have one)...
Same here, been searching for over 2 years for theme, the only offers were insanely overpriced. I'm starting to consider aftermarket bucket seats for a fifth of the price...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same here, been searching for over 2 years for theme, the only offers were insanely overpriced. I'm starting to consider aftermarket bucket seats for a fifth of the price...
Yeah I know what you mean... The only aftermarket ones I've found are either cheap (and probably heavy) big leather things, or fairly aggressive fixed-back buckets (like pole positions).

Do you know if there are similar seats to the sabelts available on aftermarket? i.e. supportive, light, tillable

·
Registered
33,193 Posts
If you like official carbon fibre parts, I'm going to sell the mirror caps which I had on my Giulietta which I just traded in for a Stelvio!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you like official carbon fibre parts, I'm going to sell the mirror caps which I had on my Giulietta which I just traded in for a Stelvio!
Thanks, but it's OEM+ bucket seats I'm after, regardless of whether they are carbon fibre...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, but it's OEM+ bucket seats I'm after, regardless of whether they are carbon fibre...
The platform is the same as the Corsa, so the VXR Recaros should be a straight bolt-in. The mounts in the Mito look the same as my old Corsa, so I've got some on order arriving next week, probably be a couple of weeks before I can get them installed though - need a bit of a clean/repair before going in. The interesting bit will probably be getting the airbag and seat-belt tensioner to work, I'm hoping engineering laziness (reusing the same parts) works in my favour there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you get the carbon sabelts in your country?????
Yeah, some Veloces had the option to be equipped with them, but as we see now not many people did apparently :cross-eyed: The cheapest I've seen them used was 1500 punds, and the cheapest opel ones are 1800.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I see. Same in Germany here, you could order them in your MiTo from 2014 upwards I think.
You do not know a current offer for them (even used) by accident?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I see. Same in Germany here, you could order them in your MiTo from 2014 upwards I think.
You do not know a current offer for them (even used) by accident?
I've seen a pair of used ones for 1500 euro on a Polish auction site, but I see that theyre gone now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The platform is the same as the Corsa, so the VXR Recaros should be a straight bolt-in. The mounts in the Mito look the same as my old Corsa, so I've got some on order arriving next week, probably be a couple of weeks before I can get them installed though - need a bit of a clean/repair before going in. The interesting bit will probably be getting the airbag and seat-belt tensioner to work, I'm hoping engineering laziness (reusing the same parts) works in my favour there.
Cheers - good suggestion here, although the VXR seats aren't as premium looking there seem to be more of them available on the usual auction sites, and they're ~£600... so quite a bit cheaper than the sabelts. Would be interested to hear whether the electric connections are plug & play as well

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm planning on taking the passenger seat out this weekend so I can check all of that out of the car without making the car unusable - downsides to having one car... When I actually get time to do it, I'll post photos of the connectors on both seats for reference.

One thing to watch when buying off ebay: sometimes breakers will cut the cables rather than undoing the connectors - not sure how often than happens, but worth keeping an eye out for. I used a Corsa seat to make a computer chair, and the connectors were snipped on that, although they were from a wreck and the airbags were blown, which may be why.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Look to be a set for sale on a well-known UK auction site... think £1,700 starting price...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts