Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saab 17" Alloys on Spider-do they Fit- 18" Black small horseshoes goin getting old !

Hello

I must be getting old as i am thinking of going to 17" wheels !

I have a set of 17" winters on now & much prefer the ride , i have had my 18" mini horseshoes plastic coated & while i have had the 17"s on i much prefer it. I am considering putting Saab 17" alloys on, as i dont like a lot of the ALFA 17" wheels.

Will they fit ? specs are 5X110 65.1 centre bore, ET +40

If anyone is interested in a swap for 18"s or interested in a recent plastic coated black set

get in touch

All advice appreciated

thanks

Wainey

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
What size tyre are you using on the 18" wheels - 235/45x18 I guess?

I fitted 245/45x18 (to my 159) and this has improved the ride considerably. Also makes the speedo read more accurately (at least whenthe tyres are new).

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello

My wheels have 245/45/18 on the rear & 235/45/18 on the front

here is the listing

eBay item number:272118406273

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I want these wheels. Is there any way you know of that i can get them cheaply to South africa?

Iff not please give me 2 days or so to see if i can find a way

·
Registered
728 Posts
I want these wheels. Is there any way you know of that i can get them cheaply to South africa?

Iff not please give me 2 days or so to see if i can find a way
I'd guess-timate the cost being in the region of £4-600 to get these couriered to SA....

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Saab wheels ( precent ) are same PCD as ALFA ( 939 ) i.e. 5*110.
Hub size seems to be bigger than ALFA ( 65,1 ). They are about 73,1 and would required centre- ring.
Further it is better to try it on. Nobody knows how they behave with Brembo*330 brakes.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have a set of 17inch Genuine 159/spider/brera horseshoes.

All with good tyres, Between 5mm and 7mm (IIRC, All branded, dunlop, continental, not cheap brands)

I have started to chemically strip them so they will need finishing off. (Synstrip so it's proper stuff not some random acid that will damage them)

If you are interested in a straight swap I'll send pics and you can decide.

(I can even drive them over to you as they are not on my car, so no messing with couriers etc)

Mine are the same as this eBay item 301573703273
but they need the referb finishing
Axe

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello
Thanks for the offer , but I already have a set of those ,I will hopefully try it with some Saab wheels , open to sensible cash offers , thanks for the advice on the calipers

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello
i have changed it to a buy it now listing to give anyone off here to get in touch

ebay item 272125341567

1 - 12 of 12 Posts