Alfa Romeo Forum banner

SA COTY - Alfa finalist

Tags
coty finalist
1K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  Ian Lusso 
#1 ·
So the 2012 finalists have been announced and the Guilietta is one of the 10.

Its the 1.4 125 kW Multiair Distinctive.

Not surprising really as this is the model most journalists favoured.
Lets hope they have more luck this time round.

#4 ·
The 156 has won the SA COTY title before. The Giulietta will certainly be a worthy winner judging by the many international awards it has already clinched. In the 1980s the Giulietta in SA won a few awards. Here's hoping the new Giulietta is declared the winner!!!

#5 ·
That engine won world engine of the year. The car is the safest in its class according to euro n cap. Alfa SA have given the car the best warranty available in SA with the 5year or 150000km cover. It is hands down the best looking car in its class.
It really should be a serious contender!

#19 ·
that engine won world engine of the year. The car is the safest in its class according to euro n cap. Alfa sa have given the car the best warranty available in sa with the 5year or 150000km cover. It is hands down the best looking car in its class.
It really should be a serious contender!
++++1

#6 ·
I agree with all the comments but after showing a future byer the car he purchased a new hyundai Elantra for 235k for the 1.8 auto with 150k warantee and maintance plan,pity Alfa dont have an auto as a lot of people now only want automatic

#8 ·
Alfa do have an auto. The 159 V6 Q4 Q-tronic, but it costs 430k. :eek:

I think you will see the new TCT dual clutch box introduced next year as an option on the Giulietta, maybe even on the Mito.

#11 ·
Alfa won't win, that is a rule in the "COTY book of rules on how to judge" it states clearly in section 1.1.1.1 that NO Alfa Romeo, no matter how good, must ever win the COTY.

The 156 was an exception.

#15 ·
I agree and disagree.
The Hyundai’s and Kia’s are brilliant value for money and the build quality is up to standard but yes the Alfa still wins in my book.
If I wasn’t hooked on Alfa and had to buy new it would be Korean just because it makes financial cense compared to the overpriced competition.
But then I will rather purchase spares for an Alfa since the Korean cars are way more expensive in this department so when buying secondhand it is better to get an Alfa.

#17 ·
Benzina...what Korlean cars do you work on? My brother in law has a Hyundai Accent 1.3 i think...He had a new motor fitted by some "mechanic" and a new carb..but the thing revs like a squeeeeeling whale! It cannot drop revs to a normal idle it idles very high, about 2000rpm ALL DAY LONG...no one in Kimberley can help the guy...it has a downdraft carb...know anything about it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.