Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to theses forums and having probs with my Spider s4. Not much of a mechanic either which doesn't help. Basically I can't get my S4 started. It had a duff battery which was replaced last week. With the brand new battery it won't tick over either. There is no life in the starter at all and worryingly I'm sure I saw a trace of smoke from the the alternator. Would a wrecked alternator prevent the starter from turning? I tried to jump it to eliminate the new battery and it still won't turn over. Ideas anyone?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
A duff altenator will not prevent the batteri from giving current to the starter.
I'm not familiar with the S4 but if it's got a start preventing divice, you'll have to go to a Alfa workshop or autoelectrisian.
Get someone tho check if any current is present at the starter when turning the key. Are the other electric oquipment funtioning?
Erik

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all other electrical equipment seems ok however when the battery is connected the bat light on the dash stays on even with the key out of the ignition..I think it runs through the alternator too.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
jetboy said:
all other electrical equipment seems ok however when the battery is connected the bat light on the dash stays on even with the key out of the ignition..I think it runs through the alternator too.
It a job for an autoelectrician, then
Erik

1 - 4 of 4 Posts