Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!
with more than 25 yrs experience of soft-top motoring, i foolishly decided that, as i live in Ireland-(always bloody rains!), i'd be better off leaving the hard-top on instead of the hood. Big mistake, as the hard top leaks like a pig (do pigs leak?:confused:). Anyway, seems like one of the moulded pieces at the bottom of driver-side seal (which rests on the chrome capping) is missing. Have been on a number of websites, but no-one seems to have seals or bits for the hard top (at least not for the series 4). Can anyone point me to anyplace that might stock seals and bits for the hard top (series 4 spider 1992, Hard-top original equipt, not aftermarket). Thanks in advance;)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I've been advised to look at a German site called Del Piore.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Hardtop parts are near impossible, especially seals, glass.
del priore do list a lot of useful parts for the hardtop but don't know if they actually have them, or if it is just a ploy to get people excited!!
anyway here is the link:
Del Priore

·
Registered
104 Posts
This site sells hard top parts....

Del priore

They list the rubber seals 'right side gasket' for the hard top for 99 euros (Part No 18) but they do not have them in stock at present! They do have Part No 6 which is called 'the fixation frame for the side gasket' for 49 euros. I am guessing these are the parts that you require from your description of the leak in your hard top.

Del Priore

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Spider, Squadrone and Eric. Unfortunately, as stated already, i have tried Del Priore, but they don't have the little buggers. I did find a motor factors in Italy who said that there were 2 types listed. The first was approx €135 (each), ouch!!! and another one with a different code was over €200. He told me that the supplier normally tries to flog the more expensive one, making excuses for not supplying the cheaper one. Arse!!!!!
Anyway, thanks for the help, guys!:)

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
the sooner someone re-fabricates these the better for us all

"Re-originals" in the USA used to supply seals, expensive seals!!.........whether they still do??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help and advice guys, but still no joy with those elusive buggers!!! Did find a place in Italy that has them for €135 pair (brilliant). Only drawback is that these are "screw-in types" and they told me that they wouldn't be suitable for mine as they are "slot/slide-in types with velvet backing. Damn!!!! Didn't realise there were 2 types. Anyway, for anyone who needs them, their address is elvisio.com (Italian co).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Eric. No, they're a different company. The one i went to is called Evesio. I checked your link, but they only seem to have seals for the Boat-tail and Series 2. Bugger. Thanks anyway!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Put the hard top back in the garage (like everyone else does) & ignore it until you come to sell the car. Give yourself a break!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I agree. I had all sorts of fancy ideas about refurbishing my hardtop, even removing the black vinyl and painting it the same colour as the body. I rigged up a set of ropes and pulleys in the garage roof so it is a simple one man operation to lower the lid directly onto the car, but I still never bother.

Even when it rains I'm loath to put the hood up - just drive faster so the rain is deflected over the top. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Disgusted! Thanks for the sound advice. I've almost lost the will to live trying to track these down. Sod the bloody hard-top, I think you're right. Thanks, mate!:rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts