Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!

I hate to be mooching for tech advices in my first posts, but this is kinda of worrying me. :(

I have a S3 33 1.5 ie, and it has 3 problems.

the first and more worrying is that sometimes is it´s lack of engine response, even at w.o.t, even my renault express 1.9d out acelerates it. I have it stored in a friends garage, and with work I havent had time to check the engine properly, so I have no idea if it´s fuel injection, or fuel starvation or whatever. Does anyone have any clues? yeah, i know its a bit vague this discription, but as a clue, i can tell you it revs up really well.

The second issue is the gearchange, wich is very very loose, and I have some dificulty "finding" the gears. Is it just the dreadful "retaining clip nº6" or something worse?

3rd and final question: the speedo is dead, everything else in the dashboard works, except that. What can I do to fix it?

Again, sorry to be the idiot who starts bothering all the forum members with tech questions on the first posts, but I will be on vacation next week and I want to get the 33 in tip-top shape for some spirited driving. Hope that is enough of justiifcation :D

Cheers everyone ;)

·
Registered
2,602 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Ill try to fix that along with the rest of the issues this sunday afternoon, I´ll report it back :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well just figured out the issues with 2nd gear, its obviously the syncro. Does the syncro, or the whole gearbox from a 1.4l 146 fit? I have a cheap one available to me.

Maybe my memory isnt what it used to be, but I dont remember any gearbox issues with my old serie 2 from a few years back. The car ran flawless all the tim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts