Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi GT owners...

Anyone else suffered from this problem - see pic...

It's on the drivers side as the door is opened.

Tks

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm - it's only of the drivers side though. Passenger side is fine. Read somewhere here that someone was was complaining about a pool of water on the driver side kick plate. Do you think it's water ruining the seal :confused:

·
Banned
716 Posts
That was/is me with the water issue. I haven't noticed the seal buckling like that though. I only get the water in severe rainfall, like full on torrential thunderstorms.

It's very rare. Also, the small pool of water always gathers up the front end of the door opening, not the back. You have the ripple in your door seal at the rear so I'd say it's unrelated.

I'll check my door seals tomorrow when it's light.

DC

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
If water has got as far as that ripple then it is already inside the car.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Its not on mine but that sould be fixed under warranty - its obviously caused by the rubber piece being too long - should be an easy fix. I don't think that would cause any problem other than looking unsightly on a new car. ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
FredBloggs said:
Hi GT owners...

Anyone else suffered from this problem - see pic...

It's on the drivers side as the door is opened.

Tks
I'll look at mine tomorrow when it comes back from a service....had something similar on both front doors on my 156, I never worried about it, didn't seem to cause a leak, perhaps as it was at the top. I kind of assumed it was just the curve on the material :confused:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Not on mine.......yet :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
My old one had it just like that, I removed the trim and refitted it and it was fine. The new one is OK although I have a soaking wet passenger carpet, I am told its the air con drain pipe not fitted correctly. Fred the trim is easy to refit and I am sure like that its not a problem

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Hi.

All rubber door seals move & stretch with time. I've had similar in the past and have fixed it be removing & refitting the seal, softly "hammering" the seal into position with a rubber mallet. If the cars are under warranty though, get a dealer to do it!

Cheers,

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have been getting water pooling in the side pocket. It's not actually pooling as such but really damp after a downfall. It doesn't rain much in old Sydney town so I haven't worried to much about it. Also I do get that little lip forming right in the bottom corner, just below the door jam.

Guys, next time it rains in England, which will probably be in about half an hour, check the driver side pocket on the door and post back your results.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
andy.lavender said:
My old one had it just like that, I removed the trim and refitted it and it was fine. The new one is OK although I have a soaking wet passenger carpet, I am told its the air con drain pipe not fitted correctly. Fred the trim is easy to refit and I am sure like that its not a problem
Andy, that's exactly what it is and the dealer will cure it without a problem. Apparently the damp footwell/aircon drain thing is very common.

·
Registered
424 Posts
FredBloggs said:
Thanks folks - going in for 1st yr service next month so I'll get it checked out then.
No such problem with mine Fred, off to Bishops for my first service on friday - wish me luck !!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GTS said:
No such problem with mine Fred, off to Bishops for my first service on friday - wish me luck !!!!
Good luck m8! Let me know what courtesy car you get (and how many time you need to keep going back to get something fixed ;) )

·
Registered
424 Posts
FredBloggs said:
Good luck m8! Let me know what courtesy car you get (and how many time you need to keep going back to get something fixed ;) )
Not even bothering with a couresy car this time Fred, they've promised a lift to the station when I drop her off. They also claim that they will drop the car off at my house in the afternoon ( not a huge task as I live about 5 mins drive away !). As I have no work needing doing,other than service, I'm assuming that even Bishops can't screw up. However,I fully expect that I'll need to go down there on sat. morning and ask why they have not done something or another.

Anyway we'll see and I'll let you know how I get on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts