Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aaargh! :(

Hopefully my car is unique in having this particular "feature", but would be interested to hear from others.

Although the S doesn't have Skyview, the bodyshell still has the relevant roof panel and panel seams.

This creates a water trap at the rear corners (there don't seem to be any drains - or if there are they're blocked) and the seemingly inevitable has happened...

Not good. :(

N

·
0 Posts
Not good. Yes water does sit in there
on the rubber seal, but it shouldn't
be bleedin' rusting the panel. :(

Still think the non-SVs having a glass roof insert is
ridiculous.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ouch that looks nasty. Definitely reject the car, I don't think they can or would really argue with that, surely.

Incidentally, I've noticed a few bits and pieces of rust on the Spider; on the exhaust mountings, and one of the bolts under the bootlid, and most recently on the ends of the seat runners. That last one really bizarre as it's inside the car and the carpet etc is bone dry throughout... none of it is visible or as serious looking as yours tho'.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It's being fixed (at ARUK expense), but this has necessitated the removal of the roof panel, and after 3 weeks the dealership are still waiting for a replacement.

So, after 2 months of ownership, the car has spent 1 month at the garage
(fuel tank, the rusty roof) and there's still more to come... (the deranged camber).

To be fair, ARUK/FIATUK are trying to do the right thing*, but AR want slapping silly for letting this car out of the factory...

*and AR Cheltenham are to be applauded for their customer service.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
To be fair, ARUK/FIATUK are trying to do the right thing*, but AR want slapping silly for letting this car out of the factory...
I don't suppose it was rusty in the factory...............

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't suppose it was rusty in the factory...............
It might not have been, but what about the tank and suspension faults?

Perhaps like the 156 - the roof panels arent galvanised.
The rust is on the top edge of the rear 3/4 panel, so if it isn't galvanised I have bigger problem to come (or the shell was damaged during manufacture...)

·
Registered
52 Posts
rusty roof

My Dad always drove Fiats, including some nice Mirafioris in the 70's and early 80's. Rorty, free-revving engines, but paper-thin steel bodies and....rusty roofs! (not that Alfas have paper-thin steel!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts