Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tarquini's been standing around a bit while I been looking for a new job and now his MOT has come up.

The tester noticed the rear discs are a bit rusty and said it wouldn't pass.

I put in new rear caliper pins on both calipers and then drove about a bit with a sack of cement in the boot.

That helped clean them up a bit but the rear discs still aren't as shiny as the front ones - a long way off it in fact.

Is there a way to push more brake effort onto the rear brakes, or what's the solution? Both rear calipers are behaving in a similar way, so I don't think that just one's knackered and the other isn't. Both discs are more or less cold after a drive, so there's not much happening back there when I brake.

Ralf S.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The last rear discs I fitted were £20 a pair new, maybe just fit some....

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i agree with tim..dont mess about there very cheap,in fact i think there the same as fiat uno fronts.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I bought my 155 , I changed the 4 disks (brembo's) together with new pads offcourse , costed me 'bout 300€.
If you drive fast you must stop fast.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could try driving around with the handbrake partially on :D

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what I did to get the Twinny through its MOT after being stood for about 6 months!!!

wrinx

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When we eventually get some really cold weather I'll be doing that anyway Mike!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Anyone know what is the rear discs price in the CD parts ? :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
£33 each or £52 for that 751 Soprt kit that we can't work out :confused:

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
arent they just punto fronts on the back, £10 each from any where, TESCO probably do em as well.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes they are the front discs for a lot of the Fiats and I got them for £10 from my local Fiat dealer. Think he made a mistake with the price though.
If your not getting braking at the back, try adjusting the handbrake so it applies fully at 4 notches.

Marlon

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it was a toss up between nicking the discs off me missus' Uno (now sadly two foot shorter than it was last month, following an assault by an Astra van) or surfing over to the AO shoppie.

In the end the lure of groovy discs to match the fronts (Red Dot 6-grooves) was too much to resist so the ungrateful barst' has an early Christmas present on order.

Cheers dudes.

Ralf S.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts