Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the 145 is very prone to rusty floor pans is the 146 as bad ? my 2001 ti looks ok from underneath also the airbag light has started to stay on should i be worried?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Airbag light is a common fault, usually (but not always) caused by the connectors under the seats being disturbed - easily cleared during a diagnostic check.

Some 145/146/155 cars are prone to rusty floors, usually on the older (10 years plus cars). I've had 3 145's and and old 155; they were all solid underneath.

You drive an Alfa, of course you should be worried! :)

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Aye! My 155 suffers from the splitting mastic along the sill seams which starts the whole process of decay.. :D

My interim 145 is pretty sound.. but I can already see signs of identical problems, seeing as it's 4 years younger than the 155. The inside of the sills and the drain holes under the seats is where it's all kicking off.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Aye! My 155 suffers from the splitting mastic along the sill seams which starts the whole process of decay.. :D

My interim 145 is pretty sound.. but I can already see signs of identical problems, seeing as it's 4 years younger than the 155. The inside of the sills and the drain holes under the seats is where it's all kicking off.

Ralf S.
OOooo ek. Now is the time to treat it fella! The FTO i have just done caught it spot on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts