Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 156 (not even 2 years old yet) has a rust spot on the roof at the top of the windscreen.

Dealer is telling me it is the result of a stone chip and not covered by the warranty.

Any thoughts on the dealer's stance on this or advice on how best to get it sorted would be appreciated. It looks awful.

M

·
0 Posts
I read in the Auto-italia magazine a while ago that its actually caused by the windscreen rubbing against the bodywork. Let me see if I can find it.

M

·
0 Posts
Right, found it:

Auto Italia Magazine Feb 05, 156 buyers guide:

There's one favourite corrosion spot: the front of the roof, just above the windscreen. The seal cuts into the paint when it's soft and new, and damage follows. It's easily touched up if you get to it in time, and may be more obvious if the car has had a new windscreen because the seal seldom settles back in exactly the same place.

Not really sure what to do so probably best waiting to see if anybody else here has had the same problem.:)

Mark

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Yet another dealer shirking their warranty obligations :mad::rant::tut:

Try ARUK and if not, get an independant like the AA / RAC to look at it. If it is as a result of untreated stone chip (roof is not galvanised), it's is your fault.

If not, sue their ar5es through the small claims court, involving the press along the way:eek:

Good luck:)

·
Registered
38,247 Posts
My last 156 was showing some rust spots at the top of the windscreen from the windscreen rubber. Luckily I managed to ctach them before they got serious.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much for that. Makes more sense. It does seem odd having a rust spot on such a new car. I'll use this info and take a more assertive approach!

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts