Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continuing the theme of this thread the car spent this last week at JR Classics in Doncaster for a full Dinitrol rustproofing treatment including body cavity wax. I was originally going to get just the underside treated but changed my mind and went for the full body cavity wax after I saw a few rust spots inside the door whilst changing a door strap recently.

Thankfully there were no huge rust patches anywhere. The worst areas were where the rear arches meet the sills behind the liners on both sides plus where the boot floor meets the rear panel. Hopefully I won't have to worry too much about the old tin-worm for a while now!

Many thanks to Joe for all his work. :thumbup:

Alfa 147 GTA JR Classics Slideshow by Birtybasset | Photobucket

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I paid £610 which I know some will think is a lot. And it is a lot, but given the work involved, along with the cost of the materials, it's not too bad. I also opted for the more expensive Dinitrol rather than Waxoyl. The work is guaranteed for 3 years and I get a free inspection in 12 months time. I decided to get it done as I plan to keep the car for a long time and also because I've learnt my lesson of buying mint cars and letting them rot during my ownership, too focused on tuning the knackers off them rather than looking after them.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Only 3 miles from me. May have to pop down

·
Registered
728 Posts
Impressive! I was reading up on JR Classics a few months ago, and nothing but good things have been said. I definitely intend on getting this done on my GTA

1 - 8 of 8 Posts