Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!!

Can anybody out there offer any advice, I drive a '00 156 V6 and on occasion as I pull away I can hear the sound or water running as if its slopping from one side of the car to the other, any suggestions as to what it could be?

:confused: Jim

·
Registered
151 Posts
whereabouts is the sound coming from? On a previous car (thankfully not an Alfa) I didn't realise i had a leak in the boot till the footwell where the spare tyre goes was filled to the brim with water and making sloshing noises! So if it's coming from the back of the car could be a good place to look

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Running water

Sorry, location would help, it sounds as tho its from behind the dashboard, the boot (inc wheel well is dry) as are all the carpets, there doesnt seem to be any sign of water in the cabin, there is no damp smell, the car doesnt have a sunroof so that rules out blocked drain tubes i think A/C and heater work fine and there isnt a leak as far as i can tell from the cooling system

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
You may have a bit of air trapped in the heater matrix. If you set the heater on hot it will help flush it round the system and back to the header tank. Then just top it up again.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Check the door drains. Had a similar experience with my motor. Found that the n/s/f door drains were caked with muck. A good clean and a load of rain water gushed forth. Tis now a regular check when washing and/or servicing car.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Yeah my 156 does do that but it does sound like its coming from the back when it does

1 - 7 of 7 Posts