Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.
Hoping to do a run out through North Yorkshire and up to Whitby.
The idea is not to go the tried and tested route ( all the way down the A64 ), but to branch off and take a quieter, more enjoyable driving route.
What I had in mind was to meet at a central point ( The Highwayman Cafe on the A64 )www.thehighwaymancafeyork.com, on Sunday morning at around 10:15 - 10:30 to meet and greet, bacon buttie, brew etc with a veiw to leaving around 11:00.
From the Highwayman we carry on the A64 but only for about 1/4 of a mile before turning right onto Sandy lane, ( I'll post further detailed directions later if enough folks want to come along. )
This will eventually take us to the A166 at Gate Helmsley, from here we do a left and onto Stamford Bridge. Once over the river and through Stamford Bridge we do another left at the sign for Buttercrambe, this will lead us onto a cracking drive all the way to Malton on quiet country roads and through some cracking countryside.
Once in Malton we do a left at the crossing and over the river towards Malton Town.
In Malton we do a right at the lights at The New Globe pub and up the hill back towards the A64. At the A64 we go straight ahead past Eden Camp for a couple of miles, over the river and then do a right towards Thornton-Le-Dale. Throught the very pretty little town of Thornton-Le-Dale doing a right at the lights (opposite the pub) and up the long lane to join the A619 at The Fox And Rabbit pub just before the moors.
We can re-groupe in the car park at Horcum dyke in case anyone got sepparated in the melewww.pbase.com/haunted_chipshop/hole_of_horcum and have a brew ,take photos etc.
From here its over the glorious North Yorks Moors past Fylingdales and down into Sleights.
Over the river in Sleights then do a right and follow the river to Ruswarp, up the hill and into Whitby.
If folks would like, we can do a quick run along the harbour at Whitby and up the Khybery pass before crossing the bridge and up to the Abbey car park.
The darling Jacqueline and me did this run a couple iof weeks back and it was bang on.
Anyways hope some of you can join us on the 15th of June for a cracking drive.

Cheers and thanks for looking

Kev .....:thumbs:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Sounds bang on Kev, but a maybe for now, it depends on when the grandson wants to make his first appearance :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sounds bang on Kev, but a maybe for now, it depends on when the grandson wants to make his first appearance :)
You mean you don't want him born in your Alfa? What better way to come into the world? :D

·
Registered
680 Posts
The missus and me will be there Kev - it's her birthday on the Thursday before so I will tell her it's a birthday trip out to Whitby...

·
Registered
680 Posts
You old romantic you. .:)
I bought her (me) an Alfa for her birthday, the least she could do is let me drive her to Whitby in it.... ;)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought her (me) an Alfa for her birthday, the least she could do is let me drive her to Whitby in it.... ;)
Some birthday present that ... I'm lucky to get a card from her indoors, anyways I'm sure she'll let you have a go in it, it being her birthday an all.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Ooh yes - fish and chips! An obligatory stop off in the Magpie, perhaps :)

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
That place we went at the bottom of the steps last time wasn't too bad, I thought. Magpie'll be packed out anyway.

You going to bring the GTV? Looking forward to taking a look at that as well as one of Peter's spiders...still seeign if I can justify a second car to myself :D... .

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mark
Get one!, the way I look at it is, the car cost the same as a weeks holiday in Majowca! and after a week ( and a lot of spending money ) I'm left with a few photo's and a few memories, .... well the car has lasted longer than a week, I've got lots of photos and I'm still making memories,..... get one just for the noise. ......:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 147 Posts