Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guili,

This story is just for you.

Last night on my way home I drive past a red Golf 5 with Revo and a few other tuning stickers on it! I was doing about 75km/h and he probably did 60km/h seeing that we were in a residential zone...

As soon as I passed the Golf he put his foot down, catch up with me and he stays nose to nose. He clearly wanted a little "dice". So there is a stop ahead. At the stop I have to turn right (and the Revo Golf) is on my left. So we both stop at the stop street, I put the car in Dynamic and rev the car a little, so mr Revo does the same. So he clearly thinks I am up for it.

As soon as I pulled away (and turning right I might add) Mr Revo hammers it down and you just hear tyres squealing and you see some smoke and off he goes! Little did he know that I had no interest in dicing him as I was playing with him, since I had to turn right.

I laughed my @ss off at the Golf! He probably wasted perfectly good tyres for a non dice :cheese:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
lmfao...that's what these hot hathces do when they are bored...prowl the streets looking for races...one can easily get up to 8 races in a night of just prowling esp in Sandton/Bryanston areas...

Yep, the ONLY thing I had to worry about when doing my REVO was the tyres...and I was warned...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He didnt have plates on either, so he was definitely looking for races!

Well for this race ill claim Alfa 1, VW 0 :cheese:

Must say he was off like a bullet once his tyres stopped complaining

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Yes the GTI's 1st gear is a bit of a downer...just yesterday I was reading some reviews on the GQV...you know, just for fun:cool: and I only then found out that it comes with an e-diff!!! The REASON that G6 GTi's have such good or better launches than me is because of that e-diff...you had to take him on until 3rd and then stop you would most probably have been infront lol...or just just behind...their power lies in 3rd,4th,5th,6th...so only race them in 1st and 2nd and then claim victory at the next robot, it will infuriate them!

Oh, I'm driving a stage 1 REVO S3 today with DP and intake...its fast, loud, pops and pssssh's but its realy a let down...and I was considering a sportsback in the distant future...let down of all let downs!

*GTi is having its clutch replaced*

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Revo S3 is the dealer's loan car? That's awesome!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
lol, no my cousin's S3...

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Be careful the Metro drive around with things like that tempting innocent people into action.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
LOL...No man Metro's S3's are sportback and have metro signage...+ this S3 will kill that Metro S3's...easy peasy!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yes the GTI's 1st gear is a bit of a downer...just yesterday I was reading some reviews on the GQV...you know, just for fun:cool: and I only then found out that it comes with an e-diff!!! The REASON that G6 GTi's have such good or better launches than me is because of that e-diff...you had to take him on until 3rd and then stop you would most probably have been infront lol...or just just behind...their power lies in 3rd,4th,5th,6th...so only race them in 1st and 2nd and then claim victory at the next robot, it will infuriate them!

Oh, I'm driving a stage 1 REVO S3 today with DP and intake...its fast, loud, pops and pssssh's but its realy a let down...and I was considering a sportsback in the distant future...let down of all let downs!

*GTi is having its clutch replaced*
An S3 needs to be Stage 2 / 2+ to make it worth it carrying around the Quattro system. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts