Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Hoping to do a run around some of the Peak District on Sunday Septenber the 15th if anyone would like to come. Did a dry run on Sunday and all went ok. After help and advice from forum members the upshot is .......
Meet and greet / photos at the Langsett Barn car park ( S36 4GY ) on the A616 Stocksbridge bypass at around 11:00 with a view to leave at around 11:30. ( If it gets to buisy with walkers theres always The Wagon And Horses pub next door ).
Go along Mortimer Road and past The Strines inn to the A57.
Right and down to Ladybower reservoir and left through Bamford to the A6187 Castleton Road.
Through Hope and Castleton and on up to a left and up through Winnats Pass and onto Sheffield road towards Chappel-En-Le-Frith.
Just before Cheppel we'll do a right and onto the A6 for a quick blast up to Whaley Bridge.
Through Whaley and onto Long Hill.
Stop for lunch at The Shady Oak, I've already spoken to the lady there and she says theres no problem with lunch as long as we give her a rough idea of the numbers nearer the time.
Down Long Hill and into Buxton.
Three quick Roundabouts and onto the A6 towards Bakewell.
Just before Bakewell right onto the A6020 to Ashford in the Water.
Through Ahford and onto the B6001 through Hassop, Calver and Grindleford.
Turning left in Gridleford and staying on the B6001 through Hathersage and back onto the A6187 Castlton road before turnig right back through Bamford past Ladybower and onto the A57.
Left back onto Mortimer road and a well earned brew at The Strines and use of their " facilities".
From the Strines people can either make their way back to the A616 or depart at any time if the route is better for them. We can of course stop at anytime for whaterver reason, photos, loo break etc.
A rough estimation based on the run I did last weekend ( Sunday and glorious weather ) and an hour stop for lunch at The Shady Oak,we should be out for around 4 - 4 1/2 hours maybe a little longer.
Anyways hope some of you can come and join us , even you from the wrong side of the hump ....... darkest Lancashire ( only joking, :lol: the more the merrier )
Thanks for looking :thumbs:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right Folks
Got the go-ahead for this one so feel Free to RSVP as you wish, hope you can join us.
Cheers
K. :thumbs:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I had a drive through the peak district today, alfreton to matlock to buxton to hayfield to delph to home, im sure there were better roads but it was spur of the moment and ive never driven there before.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right folks, two weeks to so if anyone else would like to join us please feel free to RSVP,everybody welcome.
I did the run again last week with her indoors and mi dear old mam, to get a better idea of times without the car breaking down three times, anyway the car didn't break down once and we stopped off at the Shady Oak for lunch and then again at the Strines on the way back for a brew. The driving time is around 2 1/2 hours maybe a little longer but with stops the actual time is nearer 4 1/2 hours, so hope some of you can join us for a cracking drive and da.y out

·
Registered
69 Posts
Would love too but my cars not running right. Got it booked in at peak Alfa at the end of the month and dont want to risk it.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No worries mate, hope you get it sorted and can perhaps join us on something else.
Anyone else interested ? a V6 or two or a Sud would really set the day off, come on boys, remember everybody welcome from anywhere. :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
I here you Kev!! I might be up for this one now! Just need to talk the misses into having a nice 'steady' ride out in the country side and some food!! :D

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I here you Kev!! I might be up for this one now! Just need to talk the misses into having a nice 'steady' ride out in the country side and some food!! :D
Well done that man. If it helps your argument or not, her indoors is coming along as well.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No,what I was going to do was nearer the time, say Friday, is give the pub a bell with a rough idea of numbers just so they know to expect a few extra people.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Langsett Barn? Is that the cafe opposite the Wagon and horses? Should still be able to make it next Sunday.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Im still going to the there too. Looking forward to the run out. Any one else up for this meet?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Langsett Barn? Is that the cafe opposite the Wagon and horses? Should still be able to make it next Sunday.
Hi Mark, Langsett Barn is on the same side of the road as the Wagon & Horses but just before if you're coming from Manchester or just after if you're coming from Sheffield.
Hope to see you there.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts