Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking forward to seeing the finished article following the trip to Aldridge Trimmers....come on put us out of our misery!

Regards, Swiss......:)

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Nice. Definitely looks neater, I think it's a bit closer to the side windows too.

Is that a dark blue colour or black? The photo showing the top of the, err, top seems to show dark blue like mine. Nice and tight on the top - is it quieter than the old one when driving at a fair speed?

Rear window looks a big improvement and again seems to fit closer than the original's multi-layered arrangement.

Mine still has its original roof, some of the stitching worn away and a bit loose on top. Think I might get one made locally and keep the original for, umm, originality in the future.

-Alex

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
OK, before :eek:and after photos :cool:
Bloody hell your Spider looks mintier than a mint thing.

Lovely!

How much did the roof set you back?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Nice. Definitely looks neater, I think it's a bit closer to the side windows too.

Is that a dark blue colour or black? The photo showing the top of the, err, top seems to show dark blue like mine. Nice and tight on the top - is it quieter than the old one when driving at a fair speed?

Rear window looks a big improvement and again seems to fit closer than the original's multi-layered arrangement.

Mine still has its original roof, some of the stitching worn away and a bit loose on top. Think I might get one made locally and keep the original for, umm, originality in the future.

-Alex
It's dark blue, as was the original (though faded :rolleyes:). Noise levels improved too. Old rear window was also starting to split and there was a small hole in the roof (no leaks though) and the passenger side window had rubbed the top edge on the fabric.

Bloody hell your Spider looks mintier than a mint thing.

Lovely!

How much did the roof set you back?
Cheers :thumbs: It was only going to be a replacement rear window section (they're about £280/€320.00 new), but I treated the car to a first birthday ownership present, so £786.00/€900.00 :eek: Will last for the next 12 years of it's life !

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice job! Not meaning to start the whole colour debate but I do like the colour combination as
well.......

Swiss.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Very nice job! Not meaning to start the whole colour debate but I do like the colour combination as
well.......

Swiss.
+1 on Zoe yellow with the blue roof :thumbs:
My roof is still fitting well and taught but showing some signs of fading in places so very interested in your result.

Can you tell us all who did it for you as if I feel flush over the winter I might treat the old girl

Once again

Top job

RR

·
Registered
931 Posts
+1 on Zoe yellow with the blue roof :thumbs:
My roof is still fitting well and taught but showing some signs of fading in places so very interested in your result.

Can you tell us all who did it for you as if I feel flush over the winter I might treat the old girl

Once again

Top job

RR
Same as Swiss - Aldridge Trimmers in Wolverhampton.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
That's a very good hood you have there. I'm an upholsterer and several hoods I've seen including the one on my own spider are frankly poor and have not been made very well in the first place. The section around the windows has been cut and stitched very nicely and the whole hood looks tight. Well done to whoever made it.10/10:cool:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for that.

Will add them to my little black book of quality suppliers :)

RR

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rufus,
If your rag top is in good condition apart fom some fading it is well worth considering a Renova kit (cleaner,dye and proofer) I had my rear screen done at Aldridge and I was so impressed that I posted them on the site.
I used Renova on the rest of the hood and whilst I was a little sceptical it came out really well, it equates to £50 or there's about, rather than £700 + for a new hood...it's certainly worth considering......

Swiss.

·
Registered
78 Posts
OK thanks, I will give that a try before shelling out big money

RR

1 - 16 of 16 Posts