Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I realise I am now 30 and even more grumpy than I was before, but I have realised that a coulple of weeks on I haven't even had a thank you from a couple that were on the same holiday tour I was last month.

This being after I did them the favour of sorting out and sending them some photos I took of them on one of the walks. Does it really take much just to drop a mail saying thank you :mad:

I can't stand rudeness like this.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
send them another e-mail with a virus as a nice pressie :lol:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
nah, just go for a .ddl file corruptor :lol:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
I was outside today cleaning my mum's and the lady that lives across the roads car. This old bat that i've never met before came up to me and said "Do Mine NOW!" and told her that i don't wash peoples cars and she just tutted and went "well you've just missed out on a fiver":lol:

Now A: i'm not a teenager, B: A fiver wouldn't cover the costs of the products i use whilst cleaning a car let alone my time. Thus she can shove her fiver straight up her wrinkley ***.

What an ignorant *****!:mad:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was outside today cleaning my mum's and the lady that lives across the roads car. This old bat that i've never met before came up to me and said "Do Mine NOW!" and told her that i don't wash peoples cars and she just tutted and went "well you've just missed out on a fiver":lol:

Now A: i'm not a teenager, B: A fiver wouldn't cover the costs of the products i use whilst cleaning a car let alone my time. Thus she can shove her fiver straight up her wrinkley ***.

What an ignorant *****!:mad:
Five whole english pounds! Sounds like a prize from Shooting Stars.

But in her day that would've bought fish suppers all round, a trip to the cinema, enough for the bus fare home, an Austin Seven and three Versace suits.

My neighbours just do the "you can clean mine when you're done! he he!" joke. Every time.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sadly basic manners are lacking across all age ranges :rolleyes: - I hate it when a simple thankyou isn't offered for holding a door open for example - makes me want to smash the door into the 'perps' faces :mad: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
22,995 Posts
Sadly basic manners are lacking across all age ranges :rolleyes: - I hate it when a simple thankyou isn't offered for holding a door open for example - makes me want to smash the door into the 'perps' faces :mad: :lol:
I just say "Don't mention it - oh you didn't".

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hate this. There is an office for an international bank next to our office, a few of them if I keep the door open, just think I'm a piece of ***t they'd just walked in their shoes, no acknowledgement whatsoever. Stuck up cows.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Frankly I find old people more ignorant than youngsters on the whole these days - and I don't particularly like kids. You rarely get a thank you from them when opening doors or helping them in some other way, they will often deliberately try to push their way past you in places like supermarkets too.

I've never found them to be particularly trustworthy either, I used to be a bus driver years ago and they were forever trying to short change you by "accidentally" counting out the wrong fare - but in eleven years not once ever did any of them give me too much money. Also whenever fares went up, apart from being the biggest moaners they would try it on for at least another month trying to pass off the old, lower fare. For every nice old lady I reckon there must be three ignorant old bats. Give me a busload of schoolchildren any day.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I was in Nantwich a while back with my toddler, had been in a shop buying a paper and the usual sweets, for me not the daughter. As I opened the door and held it for my daughter to walk through an old couple of women walked in almost knocking over my 2yr old.
I said "Thanks for almost knocking my daughter over"
and the old dears gave me a evil stare.
I bent over to my daughter and said in a loud voice so all in the shop could hear
"That is an example of how not to behave in public"
She just said, "Yes daddy, that's wrong"
The old dears didn't know where to look as the rest of the people stared at them

·
Registered
16,897 Posts
people are getting ruder and less courteous. I bet though that every generation says that, though.

If you're not taught good manners, you can't exhibit them. Which is a shame :-(

·
Registered
421 Posts
Working as an IT person with older people, I understand how difficult they (95% of them anyway) find it working with computers, email, detatching attachments, viewing attachments, replying to emails. Etc etc. etc.

Give them a break for Criss Sake.

Maybe they just don't know how to reply and say thanks. They were obviously horrible people as you only take pics of people like that.

Sheesh.

Great rant.......... NOT

1 - 20 of 68 Posts