Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people.

Hope someone could give me some advice. I have a strange rubbing noise coming from the rear wheel on the drivers side. I've worked out that its coming from there by laying in the back with the rear seats down and putting my ear close to the wheel arch while on the move. The noise is constantly there but is most noticeable when at around 30mph. The rubbing "wering" "w"w"w"w" noise also gets quicker the faster you go, leading me to belive it has something to do with the wheel like wheel bearing or a sticking break caliper? may be.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
First thing I would try is to jack the car up and turn the wheel by hand. That would at least tell you if its a brake rubbing.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
check that the carpet like wheel arch liner is held firmly in place and not touching the back of the wheel

R

·
0 Posts
I had this too and it turned out to be a tyre that was slightly mis shaped, I first of all swapped fronts for rears to check if noise was the same. It was still there but more noticable on the front so then I changed the tyre and its gone.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Very common for it to be the brakes sticking on their sliders.
Does the noise stop as soon as you touch the brakes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers people for your good suggestions. Ill have a bash at all of them and will keep you popsted.:thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts